Sign in to follow this  
Besthorpe-48

Best manager?

Ken brown archie mcaulay Mike walker Daniel farke Dean Smith ( only unbeaten one)

Glenn roeder yes I do parody

Sorry forgot Ron Saunders the man who changed our Iives in 1972.

Lambert dragged a League One side at it's lowest ebb for 50 years to a Premier League mid table finish in just three seasons ... and all achieved playing progressive football on a shoestring.

I know things soured with his departure (and since) but when we walked out of Carrow Road having beaten Villa in style to complete that Premier League campaign he was, rightly, adored.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Lambert dragged a League One side at it's lowest ebb for 50 years to a Premier League mid table finish in just three seasons ... and all achieved playing progressive football on a shoestring.

I know things soured with his departure (and since) but when we walked out of Carrow Road having beaten Villa in style to complete that Premier League campaign he was, rightly, adored.

Correct. He did spoil it by acting like a complete **** when he returned with the binners. While his achievements were wonderful, can you really go beyond Mike Walker?

22 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Correct. He did spoil it by acting like a complete **** when he returned with the binners. While his achievements were wonderful, can you really go beyond Mike Walker?

And prior to that with Villa. He gave it Billy big Bollox in the league cup 4.1 win after a magnanimous reception from Norwich fans. 

9 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Yes, his achievements were incredible considering the context and most of my favourite moments as a City fan came under Lambert.

Shame he was such a **** afterwards but interesting to see he came to Delia & MWJ's 25th anniversary party so he clearly isn't persona non grata at Carrow Road. Maybe once he's fully out of management he may be able to rehab his reputation with us a bit.