Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Laurie Sheffield Dies

First game was a hat trick at home. Derby from memory. Looked like he could score from anywhere. Thought we had got a star but he didn't last long and I don't know why. Scoring records were quite good.

Clearly remember that hat trick debut against Derby.

He had a bit of a purple patch for us but wasn't here long. An old fashioned bullet headed centre forward who could run through brick walls. You don't get them like that anymore.

R.I.P. Laurie

• Thanks 1

Remember being on a school cruise at the time and paying silly money to buy a Sunday paper which was a day old and saw the score, Never heard of Laurie Sheffield and was somewhazt bewildered as to what had gone on back home. Well before the internet and mobile phones by at least a couple of decades.

RIP Laurie.

16 goals in 29 games would make him a multi-millionaire nowadays.  I'm sure there is a back story behind his relatively short stay, but leave that for the really golden oldies on here!  RIP.

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Is that a posh way of saying you were all in rowing boats at Wroxham ? 🤣

School cruise!!

I've heard everything now😉

Laurie was one of the first forwards brought to replace Ron Davies and I believe his transfer was part financed by Norwich City Supporters Club. Maybe @Crafty Canary remembers?

RIP Laurie Sheffield