Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Howe joins Newcastle- official

Not that I ever thought there was much chance of him joining us but will be interesting seeing how he does with them more so given he will be granted an unlimited spendng budget which given his record at Bournmouth when it comes to buying players..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Imo that’s a really strange appointment for what is supposed to be the new world’s richest club…appointing a guy with no record at that level/dealing with massive egos that they’ll be dealing with. Will be interesting to see how it works out, and in all honesty I can’t say that I hope it does.

He wont be there long.....if they go down he'll get the sack then they will bring in Daniel Farke for a year ! 

if they stay up they will get someone with a higher profile. 

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Imo that’s a really strange appointment for what is supposed to be the new world’s richest club…appointing a guy with no record at that level/dealing with massive egos that they’ll be dealing with. Will be interesting to see how it works out, and in all honesty I can’t say that I hope it does.

You don't go from 19th in the Premier League to a world class manager and world class players overnight, its going to be transitional. 

Surprised Howe took the job when its obvious they'll replace him in 18 months for the next level up, and it will be the next manager who gets the first serious high profile signings.

Its not that strange really, they have Fraser, Wilson and Ritchie who he managed at Bournemouth... and a mostly domestic squad of players, just as Howe did at Bournemouth.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You don't go from 19th in the Premier League to a world class manager and world class players overnight, its going to be transitional. 

Surprised Howe took the job when its obvious they'll replace him in 18 months for the next level up, and it will be the next manager who gets the first serious high profile signings.

Its not that strange really, they have Fraser, Wilson and Ritchie who he managed at Bournemouth... and a mostly domestic squad of players, just as Howe did at Bournemouth.

Lucky if he gets 18 months. Even if he keeps them up (I really hope he doesn’t) I’d bet he’ll be gone by this time next year. First wobble they’ll jump at the chance for an upgrade whereas they aren’t in a strong position right now despite the financial backing.

i do not blame him either he will make plenty of money and like others said the job is to keep them up then midtable then he will be replaced 

Next manage Target will be top 6 then he will be replaced by a top manager 

Nothing to lose it is exactly how Man City did it 

Good news. Hopefully this gives us a free run at Farvre. 

I couldn't care less about Howe.

He's taken the money and sacrificed his integrity. 

Presumably he couldn't care less about the medieval track record of the owners and is prepared to look the other way just like the FA.

I'll genuinely fear for him if I ever read the Headline "Newcastle Manager for the chop".

Not that any journalist would dare write such a thing. 

• Like 1

I didn’t think he was that mercenary to be honest. A baffling move from all parties. 

The new owners at Newcastle haven't thought this one through. The role in transitioning the club from paupers to rich b@rstards with more money than sense is known in the football world as the 'Mark Hughes' appointment.

Why didn't they appoint Mark Hughes?

Square peg in a round hole.

Hard nosed Geordies are a million miles away from the bleach and Rolex brigade of Bournemouth and Sandbanks.