Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Ranieri Crying Over 'Lack of Respect'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59107413

Something to divert away from the new manager threads.

Irrespective of personal bias toward either team or clientele, I think Arsenal were right to keep the ball.

I am so jarred off with players feigning injury to break up play or wind the clock down.

We saw it time and time again in the Champs when teams just wanted to protect a point.

The talking point I guess is who decides what is actually a serious enough injury to stop the play immediately - Head Injuries? Blood? 

I only saw the highlights, was he not injured? Looked very heavy to me, and don't know how an earth you could decide whether there was a head injury or not with someone laying lifeless on the floor like that.

For me, correct protocol is to stop the match, and if it's deemed simulation via VAR, then immediate red card - it's the only way to sort this out and genuinely protect players well being.

Edit: forgot to add, that yes agree Arsenal in their rights to keep the ball, ref is there for these decisions.

Edited by Google Bot

Head injury is a must but even some of them look suss whe nyou see players rolling about holding their heads.

Yes I agree that there is no need to kick the ball out of play. Carry on playing. Leave it to the referee.

And another thing, they all pretend about player welfare and kick the ball out of play and next minute are trying to get them booked or sent off for minor offences.

Until someone is sent off for simulation, the cheating prima donnas will keep at it.

I thought the ref Saturday let a lot of 50/50 tackles go and I thought that was good. No need to keep blowing unless its deliberate.

Needs to be careful what he wishes for. Arsenal did this once before against Sheffield United I think. Didn't they moan they'd been hard done by and eventually got a rematch which they lost anyway?

• Like 1

I saw the incident and I thought it was pretty poor by Arsenal Watford obviously kicked the ball out and Arsenal should have returned it. That said I didn’t see the whole match so can’t say whether it was in a context of ****housingery.

Again if the roles were reversed so small team screws big team…

From my reading of the incident, and from what was analysed on Motd2, Rose was telling Sarr to lie down within earshot of the Arsenal players involved in the throw in.  However you could clearly see Sarr had already got to his feet before the ball went out of play.  On that basis, it was Rose's mistake, Arsenal had the higher moral ground as well as the legal right, to play on.  ****housery of its finest from Rose.

Regardless of whether Sarr got up or not straight away, Rose clearly kicked the ball out of play so play could be stopped, Arsenal 100% should've thrown that straight back to them. Would be fuming if that happened to us.

Play to the whistle is what we were always taught, it is not in the rules of the game to give the ball back to the opposition. Yes, it is a common courtesy but it is not an actual rule. Although I do remember us having a goal ruled out (quite) a few years ago when Leroy Fer scored against Cardiff I believe it was and the ref disallowed it!