Making Plans

Has he gone yet?

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Thread starts  "Farke has to go" then "Webber has to go" and then bingo, a full house - "the owners have to go".

To be replaced by what? By who?  Would you undo all the work that has been done over the last four years? The building of the infrastructure, the promotions, the money invested in the young players, the finances that are building which will allow us to develop the squad further in the future?   The club is still way more healthy than it has been for years and building resources and bringing through youngsters, which will continue, even if we are relegated again.  

Things feel very bad at the moment, but we weren't miles away from getting something yesterday and we do have quality players at the club.  I don't care if pundits write us off, I don't care if other clubs fans laugh at us, all that matters is that we stick together and that will see us through.  They laughed at us last time in the PL - and we answered that with record breaking points total the following season - they weren't laughing then! 

Tough at the moment? Of course it is, but wholesale change is not the answer (imo).  We may not have zillions of pounds to spend, but we have plenty to be proud of so stick with it and we may just come out of the other side of this. Stranger things have happened in football that clubs can seem down and out and then suddenly things start to click. It isn't over until it's over - and there is always the next game and a new challenge.

We will break all records this season. Sadly.

Webber didn't 'give it a go' as he put it.

That would have involved buying proven Premier League standard players ... a striker, a defensive midfielder with a track record.

Webber's claim is based upon the fact that he spent record amounts (for our club,) but that money was spent with half an eye on the future (and future sell-ons) because that's his remit.

The Summer business might eventually prove to be a great success, but it seems to have been a disaster for the now.

Perhaps looking to the future is, by paradox, less equitable for that future, when a few seasons at least in the Premier League would have reaped greater rewards.

I guess that the mindset of Lake District will be the one which dominates. Don’t change the current set up even if it is proven week in and week out not to be fit for purpose. We are therefore stuck with a failing structure. Stuck until when? I think the majority of fans, like me, have a great respect for what Farke/Webber have achieved, but cannot see the point in sticking with a clearly failing strategy. I think including the last Premiership stats is a valid insight into our status , this means that in the last 20 Premiership games we have not won a game , we have accrued a total of 2 points from a possible 60!  The current set up is clearly not working!  I do not have the answer to how to turn this train wreck around, I only have questions like “how long will this go on without an attempt to improve the situation?”

Yesterday's team selection was the last straw allied to the dreadful League One hoofball tactics.

Very sad times at the moment. The longer Webber leaves it the greater the hate to Farke and the more likelihood they will both leave.

Get it sorted!

On 01/11/2021 at 14:22, Capt. Pants said:

Yesterday's team selection was the last straw allied to the dreadful League One hoofball tactics.

Very sad times at the moment. The longer Webber leaves it the greater the hate to Farke and the more likelihood they will both leave.

Get it sorted!

This one for starters...