Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

The Grant Holt Type.

The last time Norwich stood up in the EPL we were led by Grant Holt, a National League player who did a Rocky Balboa. 

And there are many other examples of players who stand up and step up in our history and in the present and past of myriad Clubs. 

But who do Norwich City have now? 

Where is the mindset that makes us exceed the sum of our parts? 

Where are the players who can walk the walk not just talk a good game? Do we really have none? Are they all just a bunch of fairies? 

No other Club would tolerate this, especially the supporters. 

Where is the character. God, I even yearn for some of the dour 'don't get beat' Hughton football and I never thought I'd say that. 

Not just him...maybe not the most technically talented bunch of players but the team that Lambert had with Holt,Ruddy,JohnsonTierney,Pilkington,Crofts,Naughton,Wes,Morison and Howson had men with heart and fight who would take it to amy opposition in the premier league , home and away.

Even in Hughton's first season with the additions of the likes if Bassong, Turner and Snodgrass , we still had it and went 11 games unbeaten at one stage.

This current lot dont even have a tenth of that fight about them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not just him...maybe not the most technically talented bunch of players but the team that Lambert had with Holt,Ruddy,JohnsonTierney,Pilkington,Crofts,Naughton,Wes,Morison and Howson had men with heart and fight who would take it to amy opposition in the premier league , home and away.

Even in Hughton's first season with the additions of the likes if Bassong, Turner and Snodgrass , we still had it and went 11 games unbeaten at one stage.

This current lot dont even have a tenth of that fight about them

Farke doesn't believe, so the players won't either.

On 24/10/2021 at 14:06, Ramrod said:

The last time Norwich stood up in the EPL we were led by Grant Holt, a National League player who did a Rocky Balboa. 

And there are many other examples of players who stand up and step up in our history and in the present and past of myriad Clubs. 

But who do Norwich City have now? 

Where is the mindset that makes us exceed the sum of our parts? 

Where are the players who can walk the walk not just talk a good game? Do we really have none? Are they all just a bunch of fairies? 

No other Club would tolerate this, especially the supporters. 

Where is the character. God, I even yearn for some of the dour 'don't get beat' Hughton football and I never thought I'd say that. 

Leaders. We lack them

I thought Gibson would be. That’s the impression I got from him last season. But ahead of him there’s Normann potentially. Other than that though every seems like a “nice guy”. Equally, too many egos / cooks spoil the broth. 

Yeah. Let's salute Grant's rambo goal at Anfield. Apparently many of our supporters don't like it because it had too few passes.