Commonsense

Chelsea away sold out.

43 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It would be good to read your opinion on the thread "who exactly is running the Club these days?'

Found the thread way down the forum on page 3 and had not noticed it to be honest but what that has got to do with this thread only you would know.

For future reference and i have in fact said it on another thread the club is run from top to bottom, inside and out by the Webbers and that is not a healthy situation.

Maybe you wanted me to bump it by answering on there so you could continue your anti club agenda ?

Edited by TIL 1010

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Found the thread way down the forum on page 3 and had not noticed it to be honest but what that has got to do with this thread only you would know.

For future reference and i have in fact said it on another thread the club is run from top to bottom, inside and out by the Webbers and that is not a healthy situation.

Maybe you wanted me to bump it by answering on there so you could continue your anti club agenda ?

Regarding the first sentence, the whole Chelsea episode whether on or off the pitch from start to finish is a prime example.

Good second sentence.

Re the third sentence good men do something or perhaps try to. Rather than stick to beat the Club with, more like stick to prod it in its soft underbelly in the hope that it wakes up and smells the coffee or the smoke.

59 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Regarding the first sentence, the whole Chelsea episode whether on or off the pitch from start to finish is a prime example.

Good second sentence.

Re the third sentence good men do something or perhaps try to. Rather than stick to beat the Club with, more like stick to prod it in its soft underbelly in the hope that it wakes up and smells the coffee or the smoke.

Can you give us some more details of what you have done / tried to do, (assuming you are referencing yourself which is how it appears) other than an plethora of emails to anyone who (initially) would listen! 

20 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can you give us some more details of what you have done / tried to do, (assuming you are referencing yourself which is how it appears) other than an plethora of emails to anyone who (initially) would listen! 

I have been very forthright through this channel and others and by direct communication to Supporter Relations that the Club should have facilitated as many fans as wanted to go to Chelsea up to the 3,000 maximum. There are at least 6 or so people who have backed that opinion on this forum. There are many more who appear to be willing to make criticisms of the Club but when push comes to shove make no real effort to carry them through whilst claiming that any more affirmative action is by definition 'anti-club.'

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I have been very forthright through this channel and others and by direct communication to Supporter Relations that the Club should have facilitated as many fans as wanted to go to Chelsea up to the 3,000 maximum. There are at least 6 or so people who have backed that opinion on this forum. There are many more who appear to be willing to make criticisms of the Club but when push comes to shove make no real effort to carry them through whilst claiming that any more affirmative action is by definition 'anti-club.'

So you've posted your thoughts on an unofficial forum and sent an email (or two). 

The backing of 6, you could have a demonstration, let me know if you do, and I'll arrange a taxi for transportation. Planning meeting in your lounge. 

It's gathering pace..... Maybe double figures by the weekend (that's supporters not emails as you surpassed that weeks ago!) 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Edited by Greavsy

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So you've posted your thoughts on an unofficial forum and sent an email (or two). 

The backing of 6, you could have a demonstration, let me know if you do, and I'll arrange a taxi for transportation. Planning meeting in your lounge. 

It's gathering pace..... Maybe double figures by the weekend (that's supporters not emails as you surpassed that weeks ago!) 

Thanks for clarifying. 

It appears that the yourself and Tilly make some of the correct diagnoses yet then make no efforts to act on them. What good is that? 

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

It appears that the yourself and Tilly make some of the correct diagnoses yet then make no efforts to act on them. What good is that? 

I will let others answer for themselves as that's only right. 

When then need / opportunity has arisen on a personal level I have contacted the club at various levels depending on the issue and every time they have responded / opened dialogue and resolved issues to a mutually satisfactory conclusion. 

On a larger scale (ie away ticket membership etc as an example) I have attended presentations / meetings both in person and via zoom / teams and had constructive input and discussions into such matters. Obviously this was before the OSP was set up (I was on the original online call regarding the instigation of that too). 

So please don't imply I'm just sitting on my hands, from your uninformed but self elevated position of judgement. Some of us chose not to continually bang the same drum........ 

As I say I'll let @TIL 1010respond if / as he wishes for his actions. 

24 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I will let others answer for themselves as that's only right. 

When then need / opportunity has arisen on a personal level I have contacted the club at various levels depending on the issue and every time they have responded / opened dialogue and resolved issues to a mutually satisfactory conclusion. 

On a larger scale (ie away ticket membership etc as an example) I have attended presentations / meetings both in person and via zoom / teams and had constructive input and discussions into such matters. Obviously this was before the OSP was set up (I was on the original online call regarding the instigation of that too). 

So please don't imply I'm just sitting on my hands, from your uninformed but self elevated position of judgement. Some of us chose not to continually bang the same drum........ 

As I say I'll let @TIL 1010respond if / as he wishes for his actions. 

On the big ticket issues such as the Webber's domination of the Club, nobody is having any impact though are they? No more my responsibility than yours but some teamwork amongst supporters wouldn't go amiss.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

On the big ticket issues such as the Webber's domination of the Club, nobody is having any impact though are they? No more my responsibility than yours but some teamwork amongst supporters wouldn't go amiss.

Teamwork amongst the players would be a start! 

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Teamwork amongst the players would be a start! 

Agreed. But how about the more mature (in age at least) elements that make up the Board and Executive help show them the way? Or if they fail the same principle could then apply to the Supporters such that we get a Club that is truly accountable to its customers?

46 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

4D chess from Webber only buying a half allocation of tickets so he only has to refund 1,500 fans for their tickets and travel rather than 3,000

Ha,ha,ha!

I suspect he won't even do that even though I suspect the Club has a precedent prior to his tenure. That is exactly where the Board should take over and use the historical precedent to over rule him. In the same spirit they should review the whole principle of the Away Members scheme including the legitimacy, or reasonably otherwise in the circumstances, of taking the lower allocation plus the overall suitability of the scheme in the context of matches to come this season.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Agreed. But how about the more mature (in age at least) elements that make up the Board and Executive help show them the way? Or if they fail the same principle could then apply to the Supporters such that we get a Club that is truly accountable to its customers?

So by teamwork  by senior  members of the Board and executive,  you mean they should give you what you want, when you want it. Have you not gathered by now that you and your wants are of little importance  to the Clubs business.....you are just another supporter/ fan / customer/ whatever,  no more ,no less. With your army of six to back you up , you are an irresistible  force, not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

So by teamwork  by senior  members of the Board and executive,  you mean they should give you what you want, when you want it. Have you not gathered by now that you and your wants are of little importance  to the Clubs business.....you are just another supporter/ fan / customer/ whatever,  no more ,no less. With your army of six to back you up , you are an irresistible  force, not. 

I think my answe to Hanks shoots Skyler gives you a clue as to what is a reasonable expectation.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I think my answe to Hanks shoots Skyler gives you a clue as to what is a reasonable expectation.

You know what they say about expectations?

They are a disappointment  waiting to happen. 

I hope you are prepared.

I fear  that  you are not.

What is clear is no one is running the club either on nor off the pitch

not since the days of Doomcaster has it been this bad 

Is it possible for Essex Canary and Fred to have their own thread, which the rest of us can ignore? They both repeat themselves endlessly. I’m aware you can block posters but they seem to be taking over every thread. ( Big Vince is free to join them on his visits over from the Binners)

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You know what they say about expectations?

They are a disappointment  waiting to happen. 

I hope you are prepared.

I fear  that  you are not.

That maybe so but given the owners position of being custodians of the Club on behalf of the fans I should not be disappointed.

A Chelsea ticket refund will not deliver any benefit to me. 

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Is it possible for Essex Canary and Fred to have their own thread, which the rest of us can ignore? They both repeat themselves endlessly. I’m aware you can block posters but they seem to be taking over every thread. ( Big Vince is free to join them on his visits over from the Binners)

We surely can't be ahead of TIL1010 or Greavsy can we? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That maybe so but given the owners position of being custodians of the Club on behalf of the fans I should not be disappointed.

Should not  and will not  are two different outcomes,  I suspect the latter will transpire.

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

A Chelsea ticket refund will not deliver any benefit to me

Then you should be commended for your selfless  efforts on behalf of others. Just think what a team of 'yous' could achieve. ... for mankind for ever and ever.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I served as both Treasurer and a period as Chairman of NCISA from Day One in 1995 until it folded in 2012 with McNally making life as awkward as he possibly could at the end. I also sat on the SCG from the beginning until along came guess who in 2009 and decided to disband it.During that time helped Roy Blower with 2 meeings at St Andrews Hall attended by over 500 fans on both occasions.

I have served my time and at 70 now take a back seat and watch from distance.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I served as both Treasurer and a period as Chairman of NCISA from Day One in 1995 until it folded in 2012 with McNally making life as awkward as he possibly could at the end. I also sat on the SCG from the beginning until along came guess who in 2009 and decided to disband it.

Fair enough. So you know first hand how the Club can make life so difficult so why brand people as 'anti-club' when all they want to do is see change for the better?

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I served as both Treasurer and a period as Chairman of NCISA from Day One in 1995 until it folded in 2012 with McNally making life as awkward as he possibly could at the end. I also sat on the SCG from the beginning until along came guess who in 2009 and decided to disband it.During that time helped Roy Blower with 2 meeings at St Andrews Hall attended by over 500 fans on both occasions.

#respect. 

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Fair enough. So you know first hand how the Club can make life so difficult so why brand people as 'anti-club' when all they want to do is see change for the better?

Not if the club dont agree in the definition of what is  'for the better' surely that is subjective? 

Whilst the club absolutely appreciate they cannot please all the people all the time. that's just life though.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You don't want change for the better you want it to change to suit you. Don't pretend you are doing it for the greater good because everything you have banged on about these last couple of months has been about your experiences relating to your circumstances.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You don't want change for the better you want it to change to suit you. Don't pretend you are doing it for the greater good because everything you have banged on about these last couple of months has been about your experiences relating to your circumstances.

You've been a bit more direct that me Tilly, but I think we are saying the same things!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

You've been a bit more direct that me Tilly, but I think we are saying the same things!  

It's as clear as that little  button  of a nose on your face.😉

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

It's as clear as that little  button  of a nose on your face.😉

It runs in the family! 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Let's be honest; if he did get his own way then we'd all benefit indirectly as he'd stop bl00dy whining on here about it.