Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Deleted.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But a harmless one, and a bit annoying at times too I think he will agree with that one - but harmless, and wishes no ill on anyone.  

What on earth are you on about. 

I haven't wished ill on anybody. 

I deleted all my posts so people could move on (well tried, clearly failed), because Corky started going on about how I worked in a bank again - he is oddly obsessed with that - and I didn't want it to go there.

But I can assure you that at no stage do I wish cancer on anybody, calm down, deep breath, move on. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And neither would I, it would be absurd to wish cancer on somebody. 

But its 'cool'! Hmmm, not sure about that personally. 

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I really don't understand your obsession with people working in a bank.

Is this a really really good job in Cork or something? Because its just a standard job in England.

Or do you perceive everybody who "works for a bank" to be pin-strip suit wearing international playboys? Its like saying somebody working in the ticket office at Carrow Road must be minted because footballers earn a lot of money. 

It's a decent career, if you're good at your job, sure it's not what it was but hey what is. Its not an obsession  of mine , its something  you mentioned first and I apologise if you are ashamed of your job. I won't mention it directly again if it upsets you,  I will instead refer to it as a decent job. I was trying to understand why you felt the need to  call Todd out for what is not really a very serious faux pas..... when by the mark of your posts,  things are good in TvP land.

Just now, Greavsy said:

But its 'cool'! Hmmm, not sure about that personally. 

There is context which you have missed, either because I've deleted most posts, or deliberately, but it was ultimately a reference to how climate change (not helped by people flying all over the place in private jets) is causing a significant spike in the number of some cancers, particularly of the skin.

It is bordering on the absurd that you think anybody on this forum would consider skin cancer to be 'cool', and that leads me to doubt your integrity somewhat. Looking a bit desperate to pin something on me now "TvB thinks that cancer is cool", f*ck me. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What on earth are you on about. 

I haven't wished ill on anybody. 

I deleted all my posts so people could move on (well tried, clearly failed), because Corky started going on about how I worked in a bank again - he is oddly obsessed with that - and I didn't want it to go there.

But I can assure you that at no stage do I wish cancer on anybody, calm down, deep breath, move on. 

as I said earlier - I have no idea what has gone on previously, but obviously if you felt the need to remove your posts for whatever reason, that's up to you. 

The only one that irked me personally was that Skin cancer is cool - it most certainly isn't, and there is no debate to be had there.   

There is context which you have missed, either because I've deleted most posts, or deliberately, but it was ultimately a reference to how climate change (not helped by people flying all over the place in private jets) is causing a significant spike in the number of some cancers, particularly of the skin.

It is bordering on the absurd that you think anybody on this forum would consider skin cancer to be 'cool', and that leads me to doubt your integrity somewhat. Looking a bit desperate to pin something on me now "TvB thinks that cancer is cool", f*ck me. 

Is that last bit a little bit like playing the victim ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

as I said earlier - I have no idea what has gone on previously, but obviously if you felt the need to remove your posts for whatever reason, that's up to you. 

The only one that irked me personally was that Skin cancer is cool - it most certainly isn't, and there is no debate to be had there.   

But he didn't say it was cool. He suggested that other people's opinions on this matter mean that they thought it getting it was cool (as in fine/alright not something to aspire to). You're barking up the wrong tree on this one greavsy.

• Like 1

How is me posting something you have said - word for word attempting to ping something on you? your post, your words. I wasnt even on the forum when you said it. 

Ill quote it again below and leave you be. 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Deleted, because skin cancer is apparently cool. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The thread was me being critical of Cantwell using a private jet, a few months after making videos and tweets preaching about climate change.

I was critical of the hypocrisy. it didn't go down well. Didn't want the long drawn-out thirty page TvB bash with fifteen posts about my slightly above average job.

I replaced the deleted posts with facetious/ironic statements which related to climate change, these included:

• Deleted, because people from Norwich apparently want to become a coastal town.
  • Because who cares about polar bears.
  • Deleted, because who cares about the Fenlands.
  • Deleted, because skin cancer is apparently cool
  • Deleted, because footballers are untouchable gods, only allowed to bash Harry for this. 

Etc, etc.

You are jumping all over one of them because I triggered you with the cancer word. Sorry about that, but I mean, there are lots of words that could trigger any number of people, I don't see why I should delete it, this simply is one of the consequences of climate change. 

I was being facetious or flippant, but I mean... I don't think being facetious or flippant should be banned or be cause of serious offence when the motive is clear.  

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I won't miss him, we're going down either way.

Norfolk has gifted English football the new Robbie Savage, he's only going to get progressively more annoying. You'll see it once he has gone. 

I only watch him on the pitch. I’d you aren’t interested in his other actions, don’t watch! 
He’s a good player and works hard for the team!

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

But he didn't say it was cool. He suggested that other people's opinions on this matter mean that they thought it getting it was cool (as in fine/alright not something to aspire to). You're barking up the wrong tree on this one greavsy.

I can see your point Sam, and as I only saw the post / comment he made, I responded (imho) appropriately. His post doesn't say its apparently cool, according to others / some on here / name of poster etc. Anyways ive said my piece.  

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

How is me posting something you have said - word for word attempting to ping something on you? your post, your words. I wasnt even on the forum when you said it. 

Ill quote it again below and leave you be. 

See CornishSam's post.

The word "apparently" and the existence of the other posts I bulleted I would have thought made it clear?

I think you are now being disingenuous, you've found something that you think you can make other people outraged by so they get their pitchforks out. Like a tabloid journalist. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I only watch him on the pitch. I’d you aren’t interested in his other actions, don’t watch! 
He’s a good player and works hard for the team!

He is a good player.

Although I don't believe he wants to be here, and I think he'll be sold in this window.

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This thread is an absolute shambles 🙈

What is it about?

See CornishSam's post.

The word "apparently" and the existence of the other posts I bulleted I would have thought made it clear?

I think you are now being disingenuous, you've found something that you think you can make other people outraged by so they get their pitchforks out. Like a tabloid journalist. 

Lets agree to disagee - I really cannot be ar$ed, adn this thread is already a shambles as Ken has point out. 

I hope none of your nearest and dearest ever get cancer, or the other series ailments mentioned (and any other not mentioned), or Norwich becomes a coastal town, or we get invaded by polar bears, etc 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He is a good player.

Although I don't believe he wants to be here, and I think he'll be sold in this window.

That’s fine, if he goes, he goes. I’d rather he stayed. But I trust we will use the money wisely.

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It's a decent career, if you're good at your job, sure it's not what it was but hey what is. Its not an obsession  of mine , its something  you mentioned first and I apologise if you are ashamed of your job. I won't mention it directly again if it upsets you,  I will instead refer to it as a decent job. I was trying to understand why you felt the need to  call Todd out for what is not really a very serious faux pas..... when by the mark of your posts,  things are good in TvP land.

PERSON A: This is a 'banker' Corky... many people like this make risky gambles with other peoples money, eat in Michelin star restaurants, drink overpriced champagne, stick powder up their nose, get paid far too much, and in 2008 crash the global economy. When they have children their kids will probably go to a £30k a year private school:

1938359715_banker1.jpg.cdcbc0655a34886c22ea5fbb664df564.jpg

PERSON B: This is a person who works in a bank. They get paid modestly, its a very normal job, and they were victims of bankers crashing the global economy like every other normal person. They are more likely to drink Prosecco, their kids go to the local Comprehensive with your kids, and they live around the corner from you.

447202204_bankpersonb.thumb.jpg.bb2c18edce0002e2ac420c2b2790b34c.jpg

I just find it odd that you can't draw the distinction, these are not the same thing. I am neither like person A or person B, but can assure you that in terms of remuneration I am much much closer to person B than I am person A, like the majority of people in society.

You need to understand that there are lots of different types of banking and lots of different types of jobs in banks. In retail banking jobs start at minimum wage. 

• Like 1

As for polar bears, maybe I'll see them again in Svalbard next year. Couldn't go this year as the Spitsbergen Marathon was cancelled due to the pandemic.

Saw one up there in 2019 from half-a-mile away on a boat.

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Lets agree to disagee - I really cannot be ar$ed, adn this thread is already a shambles as Ken has point out. 

I hope none of your nearest and dearest ever get cancer, or the other series ailments mentioned (and any other not mentioned), or Norwich becomes a coastal town, or we get invaded by polar bears, etc 

And as I've already said Greavsy, I know plenty of people with cancer, or who have had cancer, or who have died from cancer, just as everybody does or will, because almost 50% of us will develop at least one cancer. 

If you get triggered by the very mention of the word cancer, irrespective of context, then I'm sorry but that is really not my problem. 

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

What is it about?

It is deleted. 

it was about Cantwell making preachy videos about climate change in March, and then hiring a private jet in July, and the hypocrisy of doing that. 

DiCaprio, Prince Harry, and various other people have been criticised for similar. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I have to live with cancer every day. When your birthday's in early July it's your star sign. 😉

And as I've already said Greavsy, I know plenty of people with cancer, or who have had cancer, or who have died from cancer, just as everybody does or will, because almost 50% of us will develop at least one cancer. 

If you get triggered by the very mention of the word cancer, irrespective of context, then I'm sorry but that is really not my problem. 

please claiming cancer is cool ,as you said, and ive quoted twice, is what I had the problem with. 

You have explained - lets move on. 

I was trying to nice, and inject a little humour reflecting back your comments. 

I wont bother, as I say lets agree to disagree.   

25 minutes ago, Badger said:

What is it about?

Think it started off as something to do with Todd, but as usual on here descended into carnage..... 

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

please claiming cancer is cool ,as you said, and ive quoted twice, is what I had the problem with. 

You have explained - lets move on. 

I was trying to nice, and inject a little humour reflecting back your comments. 

I wont bother, as I say lets agree to disagree.   

I can't agree to disagree when you are ignoring the word 'apparently',

But I definitely support moving on, and this thread drifting into obscurity, so we can agree to move on. 

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

As for polar bears, maybe I'll see them again in Svalbard next year. Couldn't go this year as the Spitsbergen Marathon was cancelled due to the pandemic.

Saw one up there in 2019 from half-a-mile away on a boat.

Why was the Polar bear on a boat.?

• Haha 3