Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

The Hundred

Will be available all over Europe.

If your not a cricket follower here's a very easy to follow explanation that will wet your appetite. 😀

Not a real sport.

The only other game where you get large groups of men standing around in a field for hours on end, in the hope something interesting might happen is dogging.

If dogging isn't a sport, then neither is cricket.

• Haha 1

Watched Oval v Manchester womens match. Not sure I understand the rule changes exactly, but it was a great atmosphere and close finish.

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Not a real sport.

The only other game where you get large groups of men standing around in a field for hours on end, in the hope something interesting might happen is dogging.

Oh dear. 

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Not a real sport.

Now come on KIO, just because someone told you that you couldn't count your favourite pastime as a sport, it's no reason to have a go at our fine male and female cricketers.

• Haha 2

Watched Oval v Manchester. 18,000 at the match and beer flowing nicely, 

Not convinced it's hugely different to 20/20 but played at rapid pace and the flashing stumps are cool!

Being a bit of a traditionalist and brought up on a test cricket diet (plus those John Players 40 over competitions of the 70s and 80s), I didn't want to like this competition.

I found the very first game cringing for the graphics and cynical advertising. Yet it grows on you and I'm now enjoying all the razz plus it's clear they're trying to get younger people and kids into the game. Quite simply it works... (ignoring all the sponsorship ads for salty crisp type products).

Good that the women's game is getting more TV time than I've ever known. Some excellent players in those teams.

On 22/07/2021 at 18:55, kick it off said:

do you get to change ends at half time ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bill said:

do you get to change ends at half time ?

No! but all the players get a chance to go in

On 31/07/2021 at 23:00, horsefly said:

No! but all the players get a chance to go in

Do they? Like in kids cricket where each “pair” gets 4 overs or something?

Haven’t yet had chance to watch any of it.

The rules when i read them a while ago seemed like changing things for the sake of it - 5 ball overs instead of 6 and bowlers can bowl two “overs” consecutively, and that seemed about it. Other than being about three overs shorter per innings, I’m not really sure what those changes add! Not sure why we didn’t just scrap the twenty twenty competition and have a franchised t20 league instead.