Harry53

2019 Guardian article about Onel

Thanks Harry.

Someone ought to do a timeline of Onel's haircuts while he's been here.

I have to say I've been a bit surprised by the negative  slant of opinions around him for the last nine months or so. Both on here, but also within the club if the transfer rumours are correct . When he played, he was often one of our better performers in the last PL season, and while he never really got going last season, I don't think he can be blamed for that, injuries and only getting a few last minute cameos had far more to do with it.

• Like 1

Scored again for Cuba, that's 2 in 3 games. 

This must be our record season for international goals and perhaps appearances. 

Goals for Finland, Cuba, Luxembourg, USA and Scotland. 

Hopefully some more to come for Adam Idah and Emi. 

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Thanks Harry.

I have to say I've been a bit surprised by the negative  slant of opinions around him for the last nine months or so. Both on here, but also within the club if the transfer rumours are correct . When he played, he was often one of our better performers in the last PL season, and while he never really got going last season, I don't think he can be blamed for that, injuries and only getting a few last minute cameos had far more to do with it.

Bleached yellow was his worst and coincided with his worst form for us. Our sports science team should make sure he goes into next season looking fabulous

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Thanks Harry.

Indeed- He was fantastic for us when he first joined. Did he have a poor season this year? Yes. But was that down to injuries and becoming a 3rd choice winger? Yes.

End of the day Onel is someone who loves this club. He loves Norwich, he loves everything to do with the club and our city. He has talked at lengths about how norwich has 'saved his life and career and helped him live his dreams' many times. I have no problems with him staying here as this club truly is special to him

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Bleached yellow was his worst and coincided with his worst form for us. Our sports science team should make sure he goes into next season looking fabulous

It's a very good point, marginal gains and all that. We should be the "on point" team of next season. After all, we are sponsored by Warpaint for Men or whatever it's called.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed- He was fantastic for us when he first joined. Did he have a poor season this year? Yes. But was that down to injuries and becoming a 3rd choice winger? Yes.

End of the day Onel is someone who loves this club. He loves Norwich, he loves everything to do with the club and our city. He has talked at lengths about how norwich has 'saved his life and career and helped him live his dreams' many times. I have no problems with him staying here as this club truly is special to him

There’s an Argos in Stoke. Just sayin’ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

There’s an Argos in Stoke. Just sayin’ 

Sshhh !!! 🤫. Onel thinks it's unique  to Norwich, like Jarolds. 

Which makes me wonder, is Crasks on white lion St still going?....Great sausages.

i like the quote in the ending

“If I could play in the national team and in the Premier League it would be incredible. Cuba has a lot of history, Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. To be a Cuban and play in the Premier League for Norwich would be such a privilege.”

Really happy he has been allowed to play for Cuba, both for him and the country. When you look at his twitter replies its filled with Cubans exctatic he is playing for them. A lot of them apparently posting from Cuba

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Thanks Harry.

I don't think anyone would have imagined Cantwell emerging into such a talent since our last promotion season. I still think he has a lot to offer if we're chasing games with his pace but Cantwell is a class above now so he always going to be fighting for opportunities now

• Like 1

On 03/06/2021 at 15:01, wcorkcanary said:

Sshhh !!! 🤫. Onel thinks it's unique  to Norwich, like Jarolds. 

Which makes me wonder, is Crasks on white lion St still going?....Great sausages.

😁

Apologies, man: for several reasons, I’m the last person to ask about the sausage shop
Hopefully some fabulous bacon boy who dwells within the fine city will oblige!