Sign in to follow this  
CowboyCanary

1975 Norwich City Pix

The picture was taken in Sep l975, courtesy Ken Brown who was assistant manager at the time.  From left Ted MacDougal, me, Phil Boyer, Martin Peters and Ken Brown.  I returned to the U.S. three days later.CarrowRdSep75.thumb.jpg.2dbb347d7956617d9729f0ef9825f014.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CowboyCanary said:

The picture was taken in Sep l975, courtesy Ken Brown who was assistant manager at the time.  From left Ted MacDougal, me, Phil Boyer, Martin Peters and Ken Brown.  I returned to the U.S. three days later.CarrowRdSep75.thumb.jpg.2dbb347d7956617d9729f0ef9825f014.jpg

Wow ! Four City legends - certainly for a 10 year old as I would have been then. Great pic 👍 

Norwich City recognized me as a "fanatical American supprter.   I was invited into the dressing room after a match and then to the private club for a drink and introduced to Sir Arthur South.  The American Serviceman Newspaper got wind of the occassion and wanted to run a story.  Ken Brown tipped off the Eastern Daily Press and they got involved.  Ken Brown also gave me Ted MacDougall's game jersey.  My son still wears it.  I saw many matches from the River End and made many friends.  I saw most of the prominent players of the time.  In my opinion, the best player I actually was fortunate to watch is Colin Suggett.  

• Like 2

Suggett is a good call. Key player in that team and overlooked. 

Great that you have never lost your allegiance but Norwich does that to you.l!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daly said:

Great picture Cowboy

Where are you living now

Buckeye Arizona.  In northwest Phoenix area.  Originally from Cheyenne, Wyoming, thus name.  Cowboys is the name of the University Of Wyoming.  We are the Cowboys.  Sometimes shortened to Pokes, as in Cowpokes.

1 hour ago, CowboyCanary said:

Buckeye Arizona.  In northwest Phoenix area.  Originally from Cheyenne, Wyoming, thus name.  Cowboys is the name of the University Of Wyoming.  We are the Cowboys.  Sometimes shortened to Pokes, as in Cowpokes.

I assume you were USAF at the time stationed where?

7 hours ago, CowboyCanary said:

Norwich City recognized me as a "fanatical American supprter.   I was invited into the dressing room after a match and then to the private club for a drink and introduced to Sir Arthur South.  The American Serviceman Newspaper got wind of the occassion and wanted to run a story.  Ken Brown tipped off the Eastern Daily Press and they got involved.  Ken Brown also gave me Ted MacDougall's game jersey.  My son still wears it.  I saw many matches from the River End and made many friends.  I saw most of the prominent players of the time.  In my opinion, the best player I actually was fortunate to watch is Colin Suggett.  

Crikey - I'm not the only one who thought Suggett was our best player !

• Like 2

War Memorial Stadium is my other "football" home.  (if the board administrator thinks the link is inappropriate, please remove)

Edited by CowboyCanary
spelling error