Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Aarons has been told he can leave.

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Farke doesn't seem as keen for Max to leave as some on here do!

What do you want people to say? I'm sure if this thread was full of posts like Jim saying it's unambitious to sell him you'd be complaining about that.

Accepting something is likely to happen and wanting it too are two very different things. I accept Watford are going to get promoted but I don’t particularly want them to (was hoping for Brentford but not sure why).

what does worry me a little is the expectation of what happens after. Summarising this thread we have to get £30m of which £25m is to plug the COVID gap with the remainder used to buy a premier league experienced 6ft plus powerful RB aged between 21-26 who’s good at defending and possibly attacking with money left over for 2 midfielders and a back up striker.. wonder if Trippier has learnt Spanish yet or is homesick and free

Edited by Son Ova Gunn

8 hours ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Accepting something is likely to happen and wanting it too are two very different things. I accept Watford are going to get promoted but I don’t particularly want them to (was hoping for Brentford but not sure why).

what does worry me a little is the expectation of what happens after. Summarising this thread we have to get £30m of which £25m is to plug the COVID gap with the remainder used to buy a premier league experienced 6ft plus powerful RB aged between 21-26 who’s good at defending and possibly attacking with money left over for 2 midfielders and a back up striker.. wonder if Trippier has learnt Spanish yet or is homesick and free

"Covid gap". With respect, where do you think all the money saved last season, parachute payments plus £40m from Lewis and Godfrey went? The club are openly saying that there is room is improve the squad and that doesn't seem to be dependent on anyone leaving.

14 hours ago, king canary said:

What do you want people to say? I'm sure if this thread was full of posts like Jim saying it's unambitious to sell him you'd be complaining about that.

I wasn't being critical anymore than perhaps the overly-optimistic concept that it would be easy ish to replace a player of Max ability, or resigning to losing him..I was simply pointing out that Farke was pretty straight about him not going unless he was going to be first choice in a top side.

I think everyone should relax. We've set our price. No one is going to pay it, so if we stick to our guns Aarons will be a Norwich player until at least January. Same for Buendia.

Cantwell's contract situation makes him the most likely one to leave if we get a decent bid.

We don't need to close any Covid gaps by selling players, we are about to get £100m from Sky again.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

I think everyone should relax. We've set our price. No one is going to pay it, so if we stick to our guns Aarons will be a Norwich player until at least January. Same for Buendia.

Cantwell's contract situation makes him the most likely one to leave if we get a decent bid.

We don't need to close any Covid gaps by selling players, we are about to get £100m from Sky again.

There isn't a Cantwell contract situation, is there? I thought it was reported we had the option on an extra year? Unless I've dreamt it, which is possible.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There isn't a Cantwell contract situation, is there? I thought it was reported we had the option on an extra year? Unless I've dreamt it, which is possible.

Everything reported about the contract he signed in 2019 that I can find says that it expires in June 2022. I have seen people on here state that we hold a one year option but not sure I have seen that confirmed anywhere. 

14 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Everything reported about the contract he signed in 2019 that I can find says that it expires in June 2022. I have seen people on here state that we hold a one year option but not sure I have seen that confirmed anywhere. 

I was doubting myself but I just found it in this PinkUn article and seems to be stated as a fact.. 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/todd-cantwell-norwich-city-future-7790096

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes I’ve seen it reported now although it wasn’t at the time. Does make quite a big difference if it is the case. 

It wasn’t?  Why did I think it was the case then?!