Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cup semi final- Spurs V Brentford match thread

Both teams going at it with mostly strong 11's- 

Will be interesting to see Kane and Son going up against Brentford. Who we rooting for then? I'm going brentford, mostly because well underdogs and of course them representing the Championship.. Will be quite the interesting match me thinks.

Eq_TtLBXcAEawsS.jpeg

Eq_UUyaXUAER2EB.jpeg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I'm interested  to see how Toney does against a decent PL defence. I always  support the underdog in this kind of tie.  Cmon  Brentford!!!

Thought he was just off, and missed a sitter of a header in the immediate lead up. 

3 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Horror challenge from Dasilva. I guess he'll be out for the next three games? Good news for us.

I really think the automatic three-match ban needs to be looked at. The fact that some of those petulant little 'he raised his hands towards his face' red cards should get the same ban as a disgusting and potentially career-ending challenge like that is just ridiculous.

Edited by Feedthewolf

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I really think the automatic three-match ban needs to be looked at. The fact that some of those petulant little 'he raised his hands towards his face' red cards should get the same ban as a disgusting and potentially career-ending challenge like that is just ridiculous.

In slow motion it was bad but shows just how hard it must be to referee in real time. VAR got this spot on.

Just now, sonyc said:

In slow motion it was bad but shows just how hard it must be to referee in real time. VAR got this spot on.

Absolutely agree... didn't look much in real time but on the replay you can see he follows through with the other foot. How his leg didn't snap I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Absolutely agree... didn't look much in real time but on the replay you can see he follows through with the other foot. How his leg didn't snap I have no idea.

Hojberg is someone who takes no prisoners himself too. Hopefully when he had to go down the tunnel they were able to keep him away from the Brentford dressing room. He was steaming.

It was quite a deliberate action by Dasilva. 

12 hours ago, canarycop said:

Jamie Redknapp saying he didn't think it was deliberate........really ?

I wasn't watching with sound on so not sure if he said this after the replays were shown or not, but in real time it didn't look it, I was wondering what was being looked at until the slowed down footage showed it.

This is exactly what VAR is for, picking up errors, not for ruling someone offside because their kneecap is ahead of the defenders big toe...

• Like 1