lake district canary

Top, but a long way to go

It's like groundhog day, he was the same after we crushed Leeds 2 years ago. Sure, we've won nothing yet but aren't we allowed to get a little ahead of ourselves? It's been a cr@p year and we need some cheering up.

I said after the Leeds game that we were going up, I'm thinking that if we can get positive results against Cardiff and Watford we're going to need the Town Hall again.ย 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You are wrong. My posts in the prediction thread were that we COULD finish in the top four not that we WOULD finish in the top four.ย  The people that latched on to that thread failed to take that on board.

As for being contrarian, as king canary says, that is also a failure to understand my views.ย  I do not like to get carried away thinking something has been achieved when it hasn't, neither do I think that failure is going to happen until it has happened. It's a simple concept that people find hard to grasp - you keep in the present and try and enjoy that for whatever that is.

To sum it up - think in the present, aim high, but don't get ahead of yourself.

ย 

Even suggesting we 'could' finish 4th last season was certainly 'getting ahead of yourself'!

However overall what you've said is probably a similar attitude that you'd expect / want the players and coaching staffย to have - i.e. when at the top don't get complacement, when at the bottom don't lose hope.ย 

I think it just rubs off badly as fans want to indulge in the wins without being reminded it isn't over yet (we know this), and likewise when things are ****ย fans also don't want to be lectured on how if they get behind the team the power of collective thought will help the team up from bottom of the premier league (or whatever you feel like saying to lighten the mood).ย 

On this specific thread,ย I actually don't disagree with anything you've said in your OP,ย your reputationย precedes you. However, I'm also sure you were aware you'd get some stick for making a post like this based on prior debate...

As I think Lakey has said, the rest are just fighting for 2nd to 24th.

For us, this is not a competition but a procession.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

As I think Lakey has said, the rest are just fighting for 2nd to 24th.

For us, this is not a competition but a procession.

Naa. Long way to go still. Loving being top, but you're not up until you are up.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Naa. Long way to go still. Loving being top, but you're not up until you are up.

LDC -- 18,068 posts of stating the bleedin' obviousย ๐Ÿ™ƒ