dylanisabaddog

EPL and EFL banned from signing under 18's from Europe

Thank god I’m not part responsible for that (Brexit). I guess that ruling works in reverse too, limiting the likes of your Jude Bellingham’s from getting their dream moves to top European clubs? I think that’s appalling. You should be able to work wherever you want around the world as long as you pay your taxes etc and respect the country you’re working in.

• Like 7

You should be able to work wherever you want around the world as long as you pay your taxes etc and respect the country you’re working in. 

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

Edited by dafaf

There is one small silver lining to this (and it's probably the only one I've ever seen to come with Brexit), the premium for young English players is going to rise even further which for clubs like us could be very helpful.

26 minutes ago, dafaf said:

You should be able to work wherever you want around the world as long as you pay your taxes etc and respect the country you’re working in.

and as long as you obtain a work permit which by it's nature is designed to avoid a multitude of sins.

I, personally, wouldn't want a long line of convicted criminals from wherever  in the world to be lining up at my local job centre.

That's just the tip of it.

19 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Thank god I’m not part responsible for that (Brexit). I guess that ruling works in reverse too, limiting the likes of your Jude Bellingham’s from getting their dream moves to top European clubs? I think that’s appalling. You should be able to work wherever you want around the world as long as you pay your taxes etc and respect the country you’re working in.

Exactly. Are there specific reasons behind this or is it a case of egos and stubbornness getting in the way?

In which other sectors/businesses does this rule apply? Is football the only sector this applies to? It is feasible a 17 year old could come to this country and join the military, so what on earth is the difference? The player's welfare argument won't wash with me, as that can easily be regulated/monitored.

43 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

and as long as you obtain a work permit which by it's nature is designed to avoid a multitude of sins.

I, personally, wouldn't want a long line of convicted criminals from wherever  in the world to be lining up at my local job centre.

That's just the tip of it.

Just criminals from here then 😉

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

There is one small silver lining to this (and it's probably the only one I've ever seen to come with Brexit), the premium for young English players is going to rise even further which for clubs like us could be very helpful.

It will work out the opposite, as clubs with more money will now focus on young UK players - thereby squeezing out the likes of us

• Like 1