rock bus

Buendia overrated?

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Interestingly, a couple of Bristol City fans said that Skipp was rubbish on their forum.

I didn't watch the game, did he have a poor one?

Quietly effective. Not as prominent as Rupp, but didn't do a great deal wrong.

Emi back to his best today. Looked a lot happier and for me MOM. Thought Rupp had his best game so far. If we need a current scapegoat I would probably say Skipp. We are very vulnerable on breakaways and I think this is partly due to Skipp somehow not closing the gaps as well as the ageing Tettey. Appears to me that Farke has regained the team spirit. A lot more happier faces out there today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Quietly effective. Not as prominent as Rupp, but didn't do a great deal wrong.

I watched the game back this afternoon, and I swear the commentators didn't have his name and number written down. He wasn't mentioned at all until about two minutes before half time. There were quite a few silences when a Norwich player had the ball, so I assume that was Skipp.... maybe you want your defensive midfielder to be like referees, they are doing best when you don't hear anything from them.

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

Skipp made at least two crucial actions that I recall, once when we were turned over and very vulnerable to counter , he made an early innocuous foul that stopped Bristol in their tracks. A few mins later he stepped in and took the ball in our own box when they were queuing up to score. All round solid performance. Dont recall any howlers. There again I didnt look out for him in particular, just what I remember.

Agree with a couple of posters that Skipp had a quietly effective game which appears to be his role, keep possession, make the easy pass more often than not and shield the defence thereby allowing our flair players to hurt the opposition. He is young and far from perfect but imo he is doing the job he came here to do.