Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Third kit released

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The 'proper' badge is actually quite recent in terms of the history of the club. No doubt someone with a better memory will enlighten me but the current badge was definitely not on the shirts in the early to mid 70's. I have thought for ages that it needs changing and prefer just a simple canary 

Link below suggests current badge came in around when you thought - in 72.

Very rare for us not to have a shield though, even the earlier kits have that larger more circular shield. Only two kits in our history as far as the link suggests, way back before ww1, had just the canary. I quite like the look though - there was a thread on here not long back about changing the badge, might this be the start of doing so for future home kits?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Norwich_City/Norwich_City.htm

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Well it’s a lot better than the home and away shirts 👍👍👍

The badge in particular is a nice change

I think we should go down this route with the badge in future on the home kit. You could always keep the original on the shirt or shorts also where to keep the purists happy

1 hour ago, Aggy said:

Link below suggests current badge came in around when you thought - in 72.

Very rare for us not to have a shield though, even the earlier kits have that larger more circular shield. Only two kits in our history as far as the link suggests, way back before ww1, had just the canary. I quite like the look though - there was a thread on here not long back about changing the badge, might this be the start of doing so for future home kits?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Norwich_City/Norwich_City.htm

Just a canary with OTBC underneath. And 10 stars for 10 years in a circle around it

4 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Love it too. Perhaps would have preferred the proper badge,  white on black background, but it looks great. A little like a training top, but in general i much prefer Errea's attempt at training tops than the first team kits! 

I'll be getting one. Will look great sat on the sofa with my PJs. 

Question is, what on earth will they do with all the blue away shirts? No one is going to buy one over this or the home, surely? 

Disagree about the badge, I think the badge absolutely makes this shirt. 

Totally agree about the blue kit though, I'll personally abuse anyone I see wearing it😁, but seriously no-one is choosing that monstrosity over this kit surely?? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Totally agree about the blue kit though, I'll personally abuse anyone I see wearing it😁, but seriously no-one is choosing that monstrosity over this kit surely?? 

It's funny up in Glasgow the Norwich colours are estenially Celtic away and Rangers being blue so you;d fit right in here.