Well b back

Come on Sarah

Some more positives even though for December rather than November. Seems Scotland have now received the mystery email to prepare. Scotland have been quite cautious so I find it difficult to believe they are spending lots of on money ‘ in preparation ‘ for something that they think isn’t going to happen. Bet the salesman who did the fridge deal had a good pay packet this month or next.

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/clearer-picture-which-covid-19-vaccines-are-safe-and-effective-expected-december-3021576

• Thanks 1

This is ultra interesting firstly you will recall it was about 50% would REFUSE the vaccine. The latest poll show 60% will be taking it and only 19% refusing, that is a massive jump although I appreciate more of the undecided could say no. Secondly the war on anti vaxers is about to begin, with newspapers obliged to not print misinformation and Facebook, Twitter ect ( message boards ) having to remove misinformation. 
 https://inews.co.uk/news/health/covid-19-vaccine-rate-study-lockdown-rules-744467

I can’t find this as a press announcement anywhere so assuming true ( this comes from the Independant ) we really are approaching the end game. It also confirms what we knew regards info being approved at all stages.

If this is correct this does seem very good news as ( other than the Daily Mirror ) I cant find anyone saying it does not work at all.

On Sunday, AstraZeneca, which has partnered with Oxford University to manufacture its vaccine, said the UK’s health regulator had started an accelerated review of its candidate.

In rolling reviews, regulators are able to see clinical data in real time and have dialogue with drug makers on manufacturing processes and trials to accelerate the approval process.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

This is ultra interesting firstly you will recall it was about 50% would REFUSE the vaccine. The latest poll show 60% will be taking it and only 19% refusing, that is a massive jump although I appreciate more of the undecided could say no. Secondly the war on anti vaxers is about to begin, with newspapers obliged to not print misinformation and Facebook, Twitter ect ( message boards ) having to remove misinformation. 
 https://inews.co.uk/news/health/covid-19-vaccine-rate-study-lockdown-rules-744467

Brilliant updates as always WBB.  It's looking promising that a vaccine roll-out will start in mid-December then, which will obviously be NHS staff and high-risk groups to begin with.

On the anti-vaxxers, my feeling is that conspiracy theories are basically entertainment for most people - if you believe the Moon landings were faked or the Mafia shot JFK it's not going to affect the way you live your life and can be some fairly harmless fun (obviously some people can go off the rails with it but they're just a minority)..  Whereas if a Covid vaccine is available and people realise that taking it widely will allow life to start getting back to normal, I'm expecting that a lot of anti-vaccine scruples will suddenly fall by the wayside!  Which is entirely a good thing.

Also why it's important on this board that we challenge people who mention some of the anti-vaxx nonsense and report posts too.  There is scope for debate about whether lockdown is necessary etc, but the anti-vaxx conspiracy theories are just nonsense and should not be given a platform.

22 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Brilliant updates as always WBB.  It's looking promising that a vaccine roll-out will start in mid-December then, which will obviously be NHS staff and high-risk groups to begin with.

On the anti-vaxxers, my feeling is that conspiracy theories are basically entertainment for most people - if you believe the Moon landings were faked or the Mafia shot JFK it's not going to affect the way you live your life and can be some fairly harmless fun (obviously some people can go off the rails with it but they're just a minority)..  Whereas if a Covid vaccine is available and people realise that taking it widely will allow life to start getting back to normal, I'm expecting that a lot of anti-vaccine scruples will suddenly fall by the wayside!  Which is entirely a good thing.

Also why it's important on this board that we challenge people who mention some of the anti-vaxx nonsense and report posts too.  There is scope for debate about whether lockdown is necessary etc, but the anti-vaxx conspiracy theories are just nonsense and should not be given a platform.

Absolutely.

The pink un shut a thread the other day and by the sound of it they will have to remove in future any postings that provide misinformation. There are already things that are totally incorrect and seem harmless like I wouldn’t take a vaccine that was created a few months ago, clearly not true. I was amazed however at the negative response the poster got demanding the thread to be taken down, that was very heartening.

As it gets closer the numbers of ‘ I will take it ‘ are getting higher by the day. As I have said before those in the higher age groups ( certainly over 60’s and for those with underlying conditions ) will be fighting in the main to have it, although I appreciate there will be plenty that don’t want it. I guess the ones telling us covid does not exist ect ect will be those telling us not to take the vaccine. Interesting as well that we are running out of the initial flu vaccine, strange that.
The bad news is of course this will not change much, at least until the summer. As I have said the game changer then could be what other countries opinions are of unvaccinated foreign nationals and wether or not people are restricted in their own Countries. 

15 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Well spotted TJ ! 

I feel like we've been here before so not counting my chickens... wish this approval would hurry up!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I feel like we've been here before so not counting my chickens... wish this approval would hurry up!

Yes I agree 100%.  But the pulsetoday website is aimed specifically at healthcare professionals so to hear it reporting this as coming from numerous sources is really encouraging.

I hope it's a case of them wanting to be absolutely sure before they publicly announce it, simply because if they announce it and then have to back-pedal, the criticism will be unbelievable, so better to wait a little bit longer and be completely sure.  It's really frustrating though !

9 minutes ago, SteveN8458 said:

link not working for me!!

has it been taken down?

It was responding very slowly when I went in earlier so they may just be experiencing much higher traffic volumes than normal for some reason !!

5 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I've taken screenshots and will post them this evening if it's not back available this evening, in case our Lizard overlords have decided this is something we're not allowed to know 🙃

Thanks,

Though I have NO idea what you mean regarding the overlords😏

21 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Will post more later guys - there are a couple of men in black suits at the door...

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Thanks TJ

Seems to be the same letter, but at least it’s outside the Midlands now lol.

The good news is this ties in with all we have seen over the last couple of days.

If I need to add a question mark, I thought Pfizer and Oxford were 2 jabs not just Oxford, and likewise I thought they were both to be kept at low temperatures not just Pfizer.

Do I need to start queeing now lol

Same reports beginning to be reported from lots of sources. Interesting some of them goverment sources and that seems to be the way these days leak it to the press. December TJ ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8910093/GPs-told-prepare-jabs-85s-frontline-medics-weeks.html

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nhs-to-be-on-standby-for-potential-vaccine-rollout-in-december-12122886

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Same reports beginning to be reported from lots of sources. Interesting some of them goverment sources and that seems to be the way these days leak it to the press. December TJ ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8910093/GPs-told-prepare-jabs-85s-frontline-medics-weeks.html

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nhs-to-be-on-standby-for-potential-vaccine-rollout-in-december-12122886

Maybe they all read the pink in WBB, we’ve been talking about this for a month 😂👍

22 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good post but who did shoot JFK?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

British conspiracy theorist David Icke has been banned from tweeting "for violating Twitter's rules regarding Covid misinformation", the company told the BBC.

Facebook and YouTube took similar action some time ago, saying Icke had posted misleading claims about the pandemic.

The 68-year-old had about 382,000 followers on Twitter.

In a blog, he said the reason he was banned was a tweet he had written about plans to pilot city-wide coronavirus testing in Liverpool.

But over recent months he has made false claims such as suggesting 5G mobile phone networks were linked to the spread of the virus and that a Jewish group had been involved.

On the breaking news thing on the tv. It’s just a headline now ‘ GP’s could administer the vaccine if it released in December ‘. Wish I was a BBC reporter on commission for vaccine stories lol.

There is a serious side though, this is the way the government have broken most of their stories via the press.

Wheres TJ when you need him to agree when I say only problem is we’ve been here before for October and November, but this does seem to have just that little bit of extra, with more than just leaks this time.

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

On the breaking news thing on the tv. It’s just a headline now ‘ GP’s could administer the vaccine if it released in December ‘. Wish I was a BBC reporter on commission for vaccine stories lol.

There is a serious side though, this is the way the government have broken most of their stories via the press.

Wheres TJ when you need him to agree when I say only problem is we’ve been here before for October and November, but this does seem to have just that little bit of extra, with more than just leaks this time.

yup, this is the same thing we were talking about in October... What were the names given? Triumph and Ambush wasn't it?