Well b back

Come on Sarah

13 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

same one Boris retweeted yesterday as well.

I thought it was basic but shew the biggest important point, they did not start this in February or whenever, in fact I didn’t realise ( although I did appreciate they had been working on it a while ) that the safety checks were already that far advance, although obvious now they said it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I thought it was basic but shew the biggest important point, they did not start this in February or whenever, in fact I didn’t realise ( although I did appreciate they had been working on it a while ) that the safety checks were already that far advance, although obvious now they said it.

the sheer volume of competing studies for things that come through our department, both pre and since covid for all sorts of horrible diseases that need urgent attention that need prioritising just shows again why if something is given top priority like Covid has, can be massively expedited. Honestly, if our company had more people/equipment/money etc. the list of potential studies is endless...

Hopefully drug development is now taken as seriously as it should be in a post covid world. They are probably already working on the next potential pandemic already.

• Like 1

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

the sheer volume of competing studies for things that come through our department, both pre and since covid for all sorts of horrible diseases that need urgent attention that need prioritising just shows again why if something is given top priority like Covid has, can be massively expedited. Honestly, if our company had more people/equipment/money etc. the list of potential studies is endless...

Hopefully drug development is now taken as seriously as it should be in a post covid world. They are probably already working on the next potential pandemic already.

I think it will be, unless people really believe that it didn’t come from animals. Guess there will be some arguing not to be wasting money on possibilities though.

These bits about the mink in Denmark another concerning point.

15 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think it will be, unless people really believe that it didn’t come from animals. Guess there will be some arguing not to be wasting money on possibilities though.

I think this might have been part of the story of the Oxford vaccine.  It started in response to SARS but the project was largely canned as the SARS variant burnt itself out, and with it any incentive to push on.

Edited by Barbe bleu

22 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I think this might have been part of the story of the Oxford vaccine.  It started in response to SARS but the project was largely canned as the SARS variant burnt itself out, and with it any incentive to push on.

Indeed it is and the very reason we have been trying to tell People this is not something that commenced just this year.

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Looks like there may have been a significant mutation, always a possibility sadly. All the more reason to get community spread under control as quickly as possible. 

Edited by Van wink

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Looks like there may have been a significant mutation, always a possibility sadly.

I would put the link on from Oxford, but feel free to look at the tweets about it on The Jenner site. You will see they must have found something in view of the action.

From everything I had previously seen it is very unlike a coronavirus to mutate significantly. The WHO are involved and you wouldn’t think this sort of action would be taken without just cause.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I would put the link on from Oxford, but feel free to look at the tweets about it on The Jenner site. You will see they must have found something in view of the action.

From everything I had previously seen it is very unlike a coronavirus to mutate significantly. The WHO are involved and you wouldn’t think this sort of action would be taken without just cause.

Yeh, I guess the risk is it could kick off a whole new pandemic, hopefully it can be controlled in Denmark.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yeh, I guess the risk is it could kick off a whole new pandemic, hopefully it can be controlled in Denmark.

Whole world locked down, omg that will go well.

On 01/11/2020 at 07:53, Herman said:

Even worse turns out they were using them for an investment to make some money. We really do not need this woman ruining things.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/08/uks-coronavirus-vaccine-taskforce-chief-faces-questions-over-biotech-fund

• Thanks 2

I know you don't want the politics of this situation getting too involved on this thread, as the other thread will suffice, but as it's relevant I'd thought it would be interesting. It does stink too.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

I know you don't want the politics of this situation getting too involved on this thread, as the other thread will suffice, but as it's relevant I'd thought it would be interesting. It does stink too.

The crap thing is Herman, back in April all countries scientists and governments were very open in sharing info and being transparent, even saying that vaccines would be non profit but for the world! How quick things change!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

VW, from what I’ve been told is that any mutation will probably be less vigorous, but that was human, not sure from specious to specious, but find it strange that it would jump to mink then back to human. Second once we have a vaccine, if it in accordance with strains it should be easier to alter any vaccines.

But still worrying if there is any confirmed link.

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

VW, from what I’ve been told is that any mutation will probably be less vigorous, but that was human, not sure from specious to specious, but find it strange that it would jump to mink then back to human. Second once we have a vaccine, if it in accordance with strains it should be easier to alter any vaccines.

Have you seen the tweets on Jenner website ? That is one hell of a reaction.

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

just hope that if we have to alter strains then we aren't back to square 1 with it all.

Obviously there won't be a clear answer but it would be good to know how severe this mutation would affect things, would it drive effectiveness down by say like 5% or would it render a vaccine useless? I wonder also what it means for natural immunity (antibodies, t cells etc.) when compared to the initial strains

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Herman said:

How difficult could it become to trust a vaccine, if people start highlighting something like this. 

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Have you seen the tweets on Jenner website ? That is one hell of a reaction.

Nope sorry I haven’t.

Just now, Indy said:

Nope sorry I haven’t.

Have a look. The actions Denmark and others are taking seem pretty drastic. 

51 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think that’s generally true if mutation is during human to human transmission, it’s not in the interest of the virus to kill its host. When another species is involved though that pretty much goes out of the window.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Have a look. The actions Denmark and others are taking seem pretty drastic. 

Have you got a link Wbb please.........beat me to it 😁

Edited by Van wink

Just now, Van wink said:

Have you got a link Wbb please

Just put it up. You can click on the other link as well that says #minkmutatio but obviously that has issues and is a bit shocking, hence why I had decided not to put it up initially. Could I ask we stick to the mutation rather than issues brought up.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I think that’s generally true if mutation human to human, it’s not in the interest of the virus to kill its host. One another species is involved though that pretty much goes out of the window.

Anybody see the irony of all our western umbridge about the Wuhan wet market (probably not the source of the virus) and now we have a Danish/Dutch mink farms. Lesson is don't throw stones if you live in greenhouses

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Anybody see the irony of all our western umbridge about the Wuhan wet market (probably not the source of the virus) and now we have a Danish/Dutch mink farms. Lesson is don't throw stones if you live in greenhouses

We abuse animals and the environment at our peril. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

We abuse animals and the environment at our peril. 

Virus's always hop between species when we live in close contact with them. Thats why flus often starts in SE Asia .. lots of ducks and birds .. that can also migrate.

Nature also has ways of culling any species that gets out of hand. Previous examples here are in rabbits and deer.

That's a bit gloomy.

47 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

just hope that if we have to alter strains then we aren't back to square 1 with it all.

Obviously there won't be a clear answer but it would be good to know how severe this mutation would affect things, would it drive effectiveness down by say like 5% or would it render a vaccine useless? I wonder also what it means for natural immunity (antibodies, t cells etc.) when compared to the initial strains

If we went around constantly worrying about all the possibilities life wouldn't be very pleasant at all. 

As an optimistic im going for the worst case scenario is that the new strain would be close enough to the original to make very little difference to the vaccine 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

If we went around constantly worrying about all the possibilities life wouldn't be very pleasant at all. 

As an optimistic im going for the worst case scenario is that the new strain would be close enough to the original to make very little difference to the vaccine 

hope so but it'd be good for someone that knows what they are talking about to clarify just how serious they believe this development is. Can't just go around telling people what they want to hear, kind of sums up most of the problems modern society that.

Edited by Tetteys Jig
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

hope so but it'd be good for someone that knows what they are talking about to clarify just how serious they believe this development is. Can't just go around telling people what they want to hear, kind of sums up most of the problems modern society that.

You know me I find the links lol and where they are scientific you all translate them for me. The thing I find a bit worrying is 1st everything I have read says the various coronavirus’s mutate slowly, and like we say hopefully just a mutation that the vaccine can be altered to work. I hadn’t even taken a lot of notice, the thing I find a bit worrying is the order of play, WHO informed and involved, drastic actions, with nobody including the farmers objecting ( if that is wrong please feel free to correct me ) and Spain and the Netherlands ( I think it was the Netherlands ) immediately following suit with their mink farms.

40 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think it destroys some of these conspiracy theories that it didn’t start with animals. It would have cost just a few ( in comparison ) hundred million to prevent had it been dealt with years ago.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Even worse turns out they were using them for an investment to make some money. We really do not need this woman ruining things.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/08/uks-coronavirus-vaccine-taskforce-chief-faces-questions-over-biotech-fund

The real spivs and hucksters are the pharmaceutical companies producing this so-called vaccine that no one knows whether it is either effective or safe to use.

And yet all you lefties have bought into the paranoia and mistruths that even Sage are releasing to the gullible public. Yet more great big con being perpetrated by big business. You've been played like the fools you are.

Edited by Rock The Boat