Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever

At 7:30 'As It Stands' we will be promoted!

Just saying - At kick off it doesn't matter what anybody else does!

Just don't go backwards!

OTBC - the £160M game so no pressure then..

This is our cup final, the first game this season we know for definite that if we get any kind of result we are up, regardless of what other clubs do.  In the league it doesn't get any better than a match like this.  Can't wait.

• Like 1

This is our play-off final with the added bonus of a couple of fail safes. Who knows it might be our only chance of promotion, we absolutely must not balls this up. 

Leeds are not going to overhaul an 11 goal deficit on us in 2 games. We never lose by more than 1, if at all and even if they beat scum 6-0 they aren't winning by 3 goals v Villa. Relax and enjoy the day!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Leeds are not going to overhaul an 11 goal deficit on us in 2 games. We never lose by more than 1, if at all and even if they beat scum 6-0 they aren't winning by 3 goals v Villa. Relax and enjoy the day!

What if the scum sets up to lose as heavily as possible, just to spoil our promotion? They field some reserve players, get a man or two sent off early on, and Leeds pressing on they lose by double figures. Pantwetting as it may sound, would you put that beyond them? I would not want to depend on them event to the minimal extent of not losing by 6 goals or more...

8 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

What if the scum sets up to lose as heavily as possible, just to spoil our promotion? They field some reserve players, get a man or two sent off early on, and Leeds pressing on they lose by double figures. Pantwetting as it may sound, would you put that beyond them? I would not want to depend on them event to the minimal extent of not losing by 6 goals or more...

This is professional football not under 12s. If Lambert / the players were seen to do this Lambert would never get another job in football. 

10 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

A) We'll get what we need by taking care of our business tonight so they won't have that option.

B) They would not do that for various reasons - firstly, nailed on points deduction for throwing a game. They're not going to go into next season with a handicap for the sake of getting one over on us. Secondly, they're selling season tickets on the basis of the academy being the plan and having an incredible set of kids (which they don't but the scum are clutching at every straw they can find). How do you think it would impact ticket sales if they played the kids and they lost 15-0 or whatever?

• Like 1

Also lambert doesn't care about us, or Ipswich really. He's an arrogant get and there's no way in hell he'll stand for his team throwing a game because it would reflect so poorly on him and he'd struggle to get another club at this level. He's gone there to try to rebuild his reputation, throwing a game would end his career forever. 

I expect Leeds to beat them by a few, but not by anywhere near enough to overhaul us. 

Even with all this they still have to beat Villa which is a tall order at the moment. If they had Bolton then scum I would be a little nervous but in reality we are already promoted. It's about winning the title now. In this era, winning the title isn't a joke anymore, this is a tough league to win and it would be brilliant to see us lift a trophy for all our hard work this year. 

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

A) We'll get what we need by taking care of our business tonight so they won't have that option.

B) They would not do that for various reasons - firstly, nailed on points deduction for throwing a game. They're not going to go into next season with a handicap for the sake of getting one over on us. Secondly, they're selling season tickets on the basis of the academy being the plan and having an incredible set of kids (which they don't but the scum are clutching at every straw they can find). How do you think it would impact ticket sales if they played the kids and they lost 15-0 or whatever?

Thanks for aswering. While I'm not entirely serious about this myself, and aware that a 10 goal Leeds win would raise a few eyebrows to say the least, it's not entirely beyond the realms of imagination. Perhaps fielding reserves was a bit too much to suggest, but a slightly weakened side for a meaningless match is not impossible, and one sending off may also happen. When a poor side with  "on the beach" mentality plays a much better, highly  motivated time, results can go  strange.

That said, I don't think the chance for this would be any higher than, say, 5%. I was just playing with the idea. (We'll win angainst Blackburn anyway.)

• Like 1

0-5 or 0-6 or even 7 is not beyond the realms of possibility if the circumstances on the last day are there.  Leeds' motivation would be there to do it and L1p5wich may not be able to withstand the way Leeds would play in that circumstance.  

What is more likely imo is that Leeds will struggle to score against Villa, making the last day irrelevant - and more to the point, we can make it irrelevant tonight.  I do hope so!!

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

If Lambert / the players were seen to do this Lambert would never get another job in football. 

And let’s face it, he’s having a bloody good stab at it already!

Sounds like a bit of nervous energy on here at the moment. Why? As LDC says, this doesn't get any better, a home match to see your team get promotion. Should be bubbling.