Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

A Piece of Cool Headed Clever Thinking Amongst the Pandemonium

"And a free kick to Norwich in the D of the penalty area" yells Chris Goreham on the commentary.

Yet by the time it was taken it was 2 yards further back than that 🙂

I realise that some may call it cheating, but quite frankly if you're allowed to throw the ball into the net and get away with it, then moving a free kick 2 yards backwards to make getting it over the wall and down again under the bar a bit easier is alright in my book. 🙃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

"And a free kick to Norwich in the D of the penalty area" yells Chris Goreham on the commentary.

Yet by the time it was taken it was 2 yards further back than that 🙂

I realise that some may call it cheating, but quite frankly if you're allowed to throw the ball into the net and get away with it, then moving a free kick 2 yards backwards to make getting it over the wall and down again under the bar a bit easier is alright in my book. 🙃

People talk about pressure but that’s the perfect example, one chance to rescue a point and he was ice cool to set it up and execute. 

I love the way 4 Norwich players moved towards the goal, taking Barry Bannan with them before returning to the wall. The SWFC keeper shouted for Bannan to get away, by which time he was sufficiently distracted - and 'dink'...

3 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I love the way 4 Norwich players moved towards the goal, taking Barry Bannan with them before returning to the wall. The SWFC keeper shouted for Bannan to get away, by which time he was sufficiently distracted - and 'dink'...

I read that a little differently. I thought Bannan wanted to stand at the post as a blocker, but realising this the quick thinking Norwich players saw this meant they could crowd the keeper and not be ruled offside. It was for this reason the keeper shouted at Bannan to clear off. 

And the post he was intending to stand at was the one Vrancic's shot flew in past. 

Free kick law doesn’t specify anything in particular about where the kick is taken from,  I would assume that it is taken as read that it will taken from the spot the referee indicates. 

36 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Surely it's in the rules.

Immovable obstruction. Free drop, one club length, no nearer the goal.

I bet Super Mario has got a beautiful golf swing Making Plans. 🙃

Barry  Bannan on the post?? Might as well had Nick Nack standing there

• Haha 1