Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Simple, we are an independent country who makes it's own rules, not from unelected people across the channel   

They are called laws

EU laws are made by elected MEPs - one being that they have the right to insist of what standard of goods are sold it.

Just as Japan has insisted on with the UK recently

so stop keeping lying

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Get on well with your neighbours then Swindon, or are you an independant household that will never need any help from anyone? Burnt Bridges serve no one.

My neighbours don't make the rules !

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Simple, we are an independent country who makes it's own rules, not from unelected people across the channel   

Now try answering the questions instead of just bleating out a vacuous generalisation that has no material import. Go back to my 8 point summary and tell me what is wrong with the EU position, or are you simply incapable of doing that? Also tell us why you thought the Japan trade deal was a triumph despite the fact it introduced stricter restrictions on our rights of state intervention to support businesses than those in the EU. Or don't you have an answer to that either?.... I'm not holding my breath.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

They are called laws

EU laws are made by elected MEPs - one being that they have the right to insist of what standard of goods are sold it.

Just as Japan has insisted on with the UK recently

so stop keeping lying

billy liar's at it again 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

billy liar's at it again 

10/1  bet in your favour if you can show that anything I posted there is a lie

• Haha 1

My neighbours don't make the rules !

Indeed! They abide by exactly the same rules/laws that you are expected to abide by in order that you are both able to show respect for the appropriate boundaries of property and behaviour. Sounds a bit like the expectation that people sharing the same market place need to abide by the same rules/laws in order to respect fairness and equality in their dealings.

The UK chose to leave the EU. yes we did and that means leaving everything

2. The UK chose to leave the Single Market. Once again the Single market is ruled by the EU 

3. The UK asked for continued access to the same Single Market via a Free Trade Agreement. Not true

4. The EU said, you can have access to the same benefits of the SM insofar as you accept the same rules and conditions as other members of the SM in order to maintain a level playing field for all members. And makes the law in the level playing field ?

5. The UK said, we can give no legal guarantee that we will continue to abide by those same rules and conditions in the future because we are a sovereign nation. As an independent country we make our own rules

6. The EU said, in which case we as a sovereign entity,  in the circumstances that you diverge from the conditions applicable to all members of the SM, reserve the right to impose further conditions on your access to the SM in order to maintain the level playing field and prevent our members being disadvantaged. The Eu says that UK Does not

7. The UK said, that is unacceptable, we reserve the right to divirge from those conditions and still maintain full free trade access to the SM. So what's wrong with that ' We don't want to be in the SM?

8. The EU said, it would be absurd for the EU to guarantee the right of a non-member of the SM full access to trade freely within it without having to abide by the same rules and conditions required by all its members. Canada were given it !

Edited 1 hour ago by horsefly

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Indeed! They abide by exactly the same rules/laws that you are expected to abide by in order that you are both able to show respect for the appropriate boundaries of property and behaviour. Sounds a bit like the expectation that people sharing the same market place need to abide by the same rules/laws in order to respect fairness and equality in their dealings.

He really doesnt get it does he Flyo?. He trusts Boris & Co.  to act in his best interests. I wonder how much Double Glazing he buys every year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

10/1  bet in your favour if you can show that anything I posted there is a lie

I call you Billy Liar because you accuse everyone else of being a liar when they clearly are not. 

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The UK chose to leave the EU. yes we did and that means leaving everything

2. The UK chose to leave the Single Market. Once again the Single market is ruled by the EU 

3. The UK asked for continued access to the same Single Market via a Free Trade Agreement. Not true

4. The EU said, you can have access to the same benefits of the SM insofar as you accept the same rules and conditions as other members of the SM in order to maintain a level playing field for all members. And makes the law in the level playing field ?

5. The UK said, we can give no legal guarantee that we will continue to abide by those same rules and conditions in the future because we are a sovereign nation. As an independent country we make our own rules

6. The EU said, in which case we as a sovereign entity,  in the circumstances that you diverge from the conditions applicable to all members of the SM, reserve the right to impose further conditions on your access to the SM in order to maintain the level playing field and prevent our members being disadvantaged. The Eu says that UK Does not

7. The UK said, that is unacceptable, we reserve the right to divirge from those conditions and still maintain full free trade access to the SM. So what's wrong with that ' We don't want to be in the SM?

8. The EU said, it would be absurd for the EU to guarantee the right of a non-member of the SM full access to trade freely within it without having to abide by the same rules and conditions required by all its members. Canada were given it !

Edited 1 hour ago by horsefly

OMG so dense it's unbelievable. Have you actually listened to anything that has been said over the last 4 years? Your answer to 3 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. You clearly have no understanding of anything that has happened since Johnson's election if you can get that so wrong. I get the feeling that Shrimper may be along soon to apply the appropriate epithet begining with F and ending with T. Absolutely laughable ignorance.

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He really doesnt get it does he Flyo?. He trusts Boris & Co.  to act in his best interests. I wonder how much Double Glazing he buys every year.

not much since he lost all that money to a Nigerian bank 😂

ps I wonder if the rest of his family know he claims to have been a senior manager at BMW, made £1000's on the stock market in one trade, has an instagram girlfriend, was posting on here at the same time as he claimed to be at his village war memorial....................

2 hours ago, Herman said:

This is why the country is in the ****.

Fair play to her, at least she is admitting they got it wrong from the start

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

OMG so dense it's unbelievable. Have you actually listened to anything that has been said over the last 4 years? Your answer to 3 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. You clearly have no understanding of anything that has happened since Johnson's election if you can get that so wrong. I get the feeling that Shrimper may be along soon to apply the appropriate epithet begining with F and ending with T. Absolutely laughable ignorance.

we don't want to be part of the SM !

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I call you Billy Liar because you accuse everyone else of being a liar when they clearly are not. 

another lie

you claimed what I posted was a lie - now prove it, or do you accept what Gove admitted in Parliament was true

simple as that

1 minute ago, Bill said:

not much since he lost all that money to a Nigerian bank 😂

ps I wonder if the rest of his family know he claims to have been a senior manager at BMW, made £1000's on the stock market in one trade, has an instagram girlfriend, was posting on here at the same time as he claimed to be at his village war memorial....................

I think they probably believe he has been, and always will be, the village idiot. A noble and ancient position at which he excels.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

another lie

you claimed what I posted was a lie - now prove it, or do you accept what Gove admitted in Parliament was true

simple as that

THERE YOU GO AGAIN !

Since Shrimper is yet to arrive I'll say it: "You fu*ckwit". This is what you said:

FFS The fundamental point of the whole of these negotiations since Johnson's election has been to achieve a Free Trade Deal with unfettered access to the SM. WTF do you think they have been about?????????

whereas

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

we don't want to be part of the SM ! HOW OLD IS THAT ?

No! you utter buffoon! what Johnson wants is a Free Trade Agreement to gain unfettered access to the SM. How can you possibly have missed this?????? Bill's point is that Brexiteers have hardly been consistent on this issue have they?

Edited by horsefly

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

8. The EU said, it would be absurd for the EU to guarantee the right of a non-member of the SM full access to trade freely within it without having to abide by the same rules and conditions required by all its members. Canada were given it  !

The deal between the EU and Canada is not that, and it took seven years to sort out

"Canada’s deal with the EU, which took seven years to negotiate, eliminates most import tariffs on goods but not all. It also increases quotas – the amount of a product that can be exported without extra charges – but does not remove them entirely."

now stop lying

14 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Since Shrimper is yet to arrive I'll say it: "You fu*ckwit". This is what you said:

FFS The fundamental point of the whole of these negotiations since Johnson's election has been to achieve a Free Trade Deal with unfettered access to the SM. WTF do you think they have been about?????????

He doesnt understand, I cant tell if he is 12 or old and senile, but he doesnt understand any of it.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

THERE YOU GO AGAIN !

yes, asking you to substantiate a claim I lied

now back that claim, or withdraw it

Just now, Haus said:

He doesnt understand, I cant tell if he is 12 or old and senile, but he doesnt understand any of it.

I'm begining to wonder whether his account is just a spoof one. Surely nobody could be that dense?

• Like 1

"There’ll be no damage to trade with the EU

“There is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it… Britain will have access to the Single Market after we vote leave… The idea that our trade will suffer because we stop imposing terrible rules such as the Clinical Trial Directive is silly.” Vote Leave

There's some real crackers in here. Lies the stupid were told, and believed 🙄

have a read

http://infacts.org/cut-keep-list-top-19-brexiteer-promises/

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

The deal between the EU and Canada is not that, and it took seven years to sort out

"Canada’s deal with the EU, which took seven years to negotiate, eliminates most import tariffs on goods but not all. It also increases quotas – the amount of a product that can be exported without extra charges – but does not remove them entirely."

now stop lying

He just doesn't have the capacity to understand international trade deals. He can't fathom that they take years to negotiate precisely because each side is trying to establish what constitutes a level playing field and fair trading conditions, given the differences in the goods and products being exchanged, and the differences in conditions under which they are being produced. The triumph of the SM (the world's biggest) is that it has established those conditions so successfully. The idiocy of Brexiteers is that they think the EU would be prepared to undermine those conditions for the sake of satisfying the UKs demands.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I'm begining to wonder whether his account is just a spoof one. Surely nobody could be that dense?

It would explain a lot if it were, as nothing he has posted this morning is not a lie or gross misrepresentation,,,, and virtually everything else he has posted over the past few years

I suspect there is a few 'learning difficulties'...... I say a 'few' to be kind to him

But there is something missing for him to be this dense

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Whatever it is I'm amazed at how the same people have been sucked into this dance with him for years now.

2 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

Whatever it is I'm amazed at how the same people have been sucked into this dance with him for years now.

To be honest I think we all rather enjoy the opportunity to lay into Brexiteer ignorance as at least some small degree of compensation for the shi*t storm they have visited upon us.

8 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

some might think it cruel, they way some mock Ipswich crazy

others might suggest it is important to challenge brexiter lies, as the original remain campaign did not really do so