Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Ed Wooten

So, nice little interview with him on our YouTube channel and on the front page of this very site today. Quite interesting to find out what he did in the past.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but one of the things he said caught my eye. It was in relation to having spent 10 years at Colchester and he was there when Lambert was in charge of their first team! Lambert quite clearly said he "didn't know who that guy was" in relation to Wooten. Which may be another indication of how disconnected he was from the rest of the staff at Colchester.

Sure, perhaps managers stay away from certain aspects but it appears that Wooten was working with their youth team. Funny stuff. Can't imagine Farke not knowing each and every individual from our youth levels.

22 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Lambert quite clearly said he "didn't know who that guy was" in relation to Wooten.

I think Lambert was actually referring to Chris Domogalla, who was red carded in that incident and banished to the stand. I wonder if the heated exchange between the two of them was in German -- in which case kudos to the 4th official who must have heard and understood it all :classic_biggrin:

Edited by westcoastcanary
Typo

Yeah but didn't he then say that he'd (Wooten) asked him for a fight? It was clear then... They just sent the wrong guy to the stand in Domogalla!

If you look at the vid, it is Wooten that sparks Lambert off on his frenzy, so Lambert saying he doesn't know who that was (he does mention about a goalkeeping coach in a subsequent interview) is just Lambert trying to hold the higher ground, to try and make Wooton seem insignificant to him. The vast majority of us, saw right through Lambert and his comments, sorry to disappoint you Paul  

Edited by Crabbycanary3

46 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Yeah but didn't he then say that he'd (Wooten) asked him for a fight? It was clear then... They just sent the wrong guy to the stand in Domogalla!

Poor old Paul wants to fight the world atm

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

If you look at the vid, it is Wooten that sparks Lambert off on his frenzy

Not really - Lambert is the one who sparks it off by poking his finger into people's chests, Wooten was merely responding to Lambert's getting physical with him.  I think how Wooten responded to being jabbed by Lambert was quite natural...... "What, is it a fight you want?"  He wasn't calling Lambert out, but facing up to the physical challenge that Lambert started up with.

2 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

Lambert's claim about the challenge to a fight was actually a response to a question from someone interviewing him, asking was it true he had been challenged etc. I haven't seen or heard anyone mention any such challenge apart from the "leading question" from some anonymous interviewer. Lambert appears to have seized on it, and elaborated it. But I don't think you can conclude much from the Lambert interview about who said what, or what exactly merited the red card and who the guilty party was.

As I said elsewhere, the entire incident took place right in front of the 4th official, and the ref would have relied heavily on what the 4th official told him. The chance of anybody mistaking Chris Domogalla for Ed Wooten is virtually non existent I'd say! Furthermore, if, however unlikely, there was indeed a case of mistaken identity, the club would have no reason to let CD continue to carry the can for EW and would have clarified the matter in their response to the FA, who would almost certainly then have corrected it following their investigation a few days later. 

Edited by westcoastcanary
Typo

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Not really - Lambert is the one who sparks it off by poking his finger into people's chests, Wooten was merely responding to Lambert's getting physical with him.  I think how Wooten responded to being jabbed by Lambert was quite natural...... "What, is it a fight you want?"  He wasn't calling Lambert out, but facing up to the physical challenge that Lambert started up with.

That's what I was getting at LDC. Lambert was already on one, but when Wooten actually came back at him, then Lambert tipped over the precipice! 

There wasn't any point really in the Club challenging whether it was Domegella or Wooten, as neither was charged? It was a Club fine I thought? The 4 th official had only limited input and could not possibly cover all bases of what was said/not said etc in that melee. The EFL would have been helped more by the video evidence which would have filled in a few gaps that he could not clarify.

1 hour ago, westcoastcanary said:

Lambert's claim about the challenge to a fight was actually a response to a question from someone interviewing him, asking was it true he had been challenged etc. I haven't seen or heard anyone mention any such challenge apart from the "leading question" from some anonymous interviewer. Lambert appears to have seized on it, and elaborated it. But I don't think you can conclude much from the Lambert interview about who said what, or what exactly merited the red card and who the guilty party was.

As I said elsewhere, the entire incident took place right in front of the 4th official, and the ref would have relied heavily on what the 4th official told him. The chance of anybody mistaking Chris Domogalla for Ed Wooten is virtually non existent I'd say! Furthermore, if, however unlikely, there was indeed a case of mistaken identity, the club would have no reason to let CD continue to carry the can for EW and would have clarified the matter in their response to the FA, who would almost certainly then have corrected it following their investigation a few days later. 

Thanks nutty. DF pretty much confirms my understanding of it. 

1.  Still no confirmation that Ed Wooten said anything provocative to PL about a fight. The FA didn't levy any charge against Ed Wooten as an individual. He was just a participant in the melee.

2. Chris Domogalla's red card was a case of ****-for-tat, randomly handed out to him as a participant in the melee (actually a quite vocal participant, as footage of the incident shows). There never was, therefore, any question of mistaken identity, with CD getting a red card that was meant for EW. Which is why the club didn't attempt to rectify the mistake, and the FA didn't rescind the red card.