Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Outstanding

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Like you I didn't expect that at all. Thought we'd do well to take a point.

Lovely isn't it...

😀 when we scored so quickly I was convinced they’d come back into it.

credit to our lsds, they just kept on playing the same way.

the second half was a superb controlling performance.

the only really worrying moment was after our 2nd goal when we let their  guy run through our whole side it felt like, good job Krul was on his toes!

Hope the boys enjoy the journey home, they've gone with a gameplan and put down a marker.  The rest will have noticed. Meanwhile Leeds' form has fallen off a cliff. 

Can I give a mention to Ben Godfrey, seemed to win so many balls coming through?

going to be hard to drop him now!

ditto Vrancic and Stiepermann! Who makes way when Leitner is back? Nice problems to have!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Can I give a mention to Ben Godfrey, seemed to win so many balls coming through?

going to be hard to drop him now!

ditto Vrancic and Stiepermann! Who makes way when Leitner is back? Nice problems to have!

That's what I was thinking. Several 'key' players returning from injury soon but how do you not play any of tonight's starting eleven after a performance like that? It was scintillating stuff at times and professional when it needed to be. The youngsters are playing with maturity beyond their years

• Like 1

A superb performance. We are so lethal playing away from home, as our counter-attack play is quick and precise. We play the triangles better than anyone in the league. I said to my friend that it wouldn’t surprise me if we won 3-0... so close but for Bamford. Good work lads.

• Like 1

Leeds are a young decent side but didn't play with the intelligence that we did. Yes they had lots of possession but didn't really get in behind our fullbacks at all. Let their hearts rule their head and were lucky to finish with 11 men on the pitch.

☂️

Well I haven't seen a better performance than that.

The close control, confidence, strength, potency and game management was excellent. 

The refusal to make a hopeful pass or punt up field.

The class of Buendia.

Wow ... 

What ever happens from now we will always remember Farke fondly thanks to this moment.

OTBC!

An absolute joy to watch that performance.     Their composure is streets ahead in this division.   This is all down to Farke, he's created a system of controlled possession and a spirit that makes it so much easier for the fringe players to step in a do the business.     Literally impossible to drop Godfrey, Trybull or Vrancic after that.     Thought we were a class apart all over the pitch.     So proud of this team and our club...... as for the debate about this being the best team we've ever had, people forget how ridiculously good that 92/93 team where (and in the prem) and the 87/89 team were pretty special too.    

The exciting thing is this team is only just getting started.... plenty of improvement left in all of this squad. 

With our consistency, ball possession and composure plus fact we have no expectation, difficult to see how we will not run away with this league now!    

OTBC  

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1