Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Footy on sky 1 tonight

If like me you have the basic sky channels you’ll be pleased to see that Brighton v Arsenal and Watford v Chelsea are on Sky 1 later. I haven’t told Mrs Frank yet ...

39 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If like me you have the basic sky channels you’ll be pleased to see that Brighton v Arsenal and Watford v Chelsea are on Sky 1 later. I haven’t told Mrs Frank yet ...

Each to their own I suppose, but the only PL match I would want to sit and watch all  the way through would be one with Norwich in it.

Neither of those games would particularly interest me.

Interestingly there was a bit of a text debate on bbc match coverage of Villa v Leeds - a lot were saying they’d love to win the title but stay in the Champs; the main reason to want/get promotion is the money, it’s certainly not the competitive nature of the division.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Neither of those games would particularly interest me.

Interestingly there was a bit of a text debate on bbc match coverage of Villa v Leeds - a lot were saying they’d love to win the title but stay in the Champs; the main reason to want/get promotion is the money, it’s certainly not the competitive nature of the division.

I never understand this view point and it lacks of ambition to me. Fans wanting to stay down a division and bully little teams - what’s the point? 

35 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I never understand this view point and it lacks of ambition to me. Fans wanting to stay down a division and bully little teams - what’s the point? 

Much like the Prem really, half a dozen teams bullying the rest........

• Like 1

Yep, let's all play footy on a round pitch with no goals and quality players/ managers being evenly distributed between teams. That'd be fascinating.

I really don't mind not being the best team in England,i just want us to compete.

Edited by wcorkcanary
Spelling
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The point is the Championship is much more competitive and the football more exciting/entertaining - today being a perfect example.

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Each to their own I suppose, but the only PL match I would want to sit and watch all  the way through would be one with Norwich in it.

You’ve missed and will miss some cracking entertainment this and every season then. Football makes the weekend and there’s nothing like watching a game live not knowing what will happen. It’s not just about the match either, the debate that comes after in the pub or at work the next day is all part of the magic of the beautiful game.

I love NCFC and will watch them over anything, but there’s so much drama and entertainment to be had watching the PL or any league/cup game. A story to be told and more often than not more enjoyable than anything scripted on the tv