Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Team tonight

Perfectly happy with that - take a largely second string side to a PL side (whatever we may think, thanks to £££ they are ''established'' there) and give it a damn good go. IMO we have too many games to play to be too overly bothered by an exit at this stage.

A really fluid passing performance tonight, looking good for moving further up in the table that counts. If we''d played Krul I think that we would have won.

For me, McGovern and Pinto were the weak links tonight - far worse than Srbeny or Rhodes; the former was extremely unlucky not to score.

The difference: Bournemouth just a fraction quicker in their reaction times I think; so no need to be down about this - on to Sheff Wed!

Just left the Vitality. Bournemouth supporters saying we were the Premier League team, and that wasn’t lip service. For large portions of the game we showed real class, very impressive. I get the impression, despite some comments on here, that Passlacks time will come. On a couple of occasions he flicked on very tricky receiving balls that showed incredible technique, world class touches the way they found their man. Very happy to be a City supporter. We’re definitely on the up. We’re in for a great season 👍

So I''m back home after the game, lift back from my neighbour, just 20 mins from the ground! Really impressed tonight, just missing that little something to move the ball into the forward line faster. In the few times we did we just cut through them.

Ref was really whistle happy for both sides without letting play run on just to see if any advantage could be given, that infuriated me.

For me that''s a good loss tonight, well timed, and let''s kick on with the league...

I thought some of our build-up play was absolutely outstanding tonight, possibly the best I''ve seen this season in parts. 9 times out of 10 we would win that game comfortably, and I actually thought Srbeny was really unfortunate tonight.

Our midfield is looking like an embarrassment of riches given the quality Vrancic and Trybull showed, considering they can''t even get a game for us in the league at the moment.

And a special mention for Pinto, who seems to have all the defensive awareness of a Primary School striker. Very glad we seem to have the real thing in Aarons.

One of the best things about tonight was the strength in depth we demonstrated; I reckon we have 15 or 16 players who wouldn''t be disgraced in the Premiership & a few who would be real quality. Mario in particular impressed me tonight, & Tom is looking better as he gets more game time.

Which was another important thing about tonight, i.e. the practice it afforded players like Passlack & Godfrey. Good to keep Dennis up to speed as well, as I think he''ll chip in a useful few goals over the season; He reminds me a bit of Morison in that he''s easy for opposition defences to underestimate but is actually stronger & more agile than he looks, allied with good footballing intelligence.

Speaking of footballing intelligence ..... Ivo ..... :-(