Sign in to follow this  
Wings of a Sparrow

The perfect "pop" song?

We''re talking a good tune, catchy chorus good lyrics. (Probably time and place also have a lot to do with it.)

Abba and the Beatles and maybe the Beach Boys will be up there but for me it''s either....

Denis by Blondie and

Here comes the summer both by the Undertones.

Toxic-Britney Spears (most of her stuff is dog-doo) 

Take That are capable of writing some great pop songs.

Ps,i''m not gay or owt!!

Presently there is a TV advert running for a car using the Kinks'' song."Thank you for the days" quite a cheerful song ,even uplifting.... if you ignore the car.The producers of such adverts do seem to be trawling for songs and tunes which areolder than Methusela,(me). ec

[quote user="Herman "]

Take That are capable of singing some great pop songs (written by other people).[:$]

[/quote] Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.Like a Virgin - MadonnaBillie Jean - MJ

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Herman "]

Take That are capable of singing some great pop songs (written by other people).[:$]

I thought most of their big songs were written  by the fat guy?!

[/quote]

Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.
Like a Virgin - Madonna
Billie Jean - MJ
[/quote]

I could nominate hundreds of songs that would fit the bill for me, but today I shall go for a David Bowie single from 1972 - Starman. A lovely catchy song. It brings back happy memories.

Another great one is I Can See For Miles by The Who (1967), which for some mysterious reason failed to go any higher number than 10 in the UK charts, much to Pete Townshend''s disgust and amazement. Mind you, the charts were full of good songs back in those days.

I am in clearing out mode.(we all become older).There is still stuff I would hardly give away.Going back to1960 ish.Times move on. So It has to go .... I need a new roof. loftspace has to be tidied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfDq8eCLoGE&feature=related.No Regrets. Tom Rush.I still play the old LP.There are various versions. Some from times long ago.

Funny how things come back an'' bite you in the bum.Trawling through Tom Rush and then Tim Hardin I clicked on Nico."Banned in your country" said the bold notice.I had never seen that before.I am banned for using Nico a while ago,but I never knew what the screen showed.Live and learn. .Hex.