Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Where's Lincoln when you need him?

Isn''t it just greavsy...

To be honest I don''t doubt Lincoln''s support of the club, he may have shared allegiances, but, my take is he is just pretty pessimistic about it all at the moment. The ribbing about being a reading fan or taking the rise about his pessimism is fine but this ganging up is taking it a bit far...

Even if binners are on this forum, so what, just ignore them and if they truly don''t support the club they will float away like miserabilists after a win...

I’ve just started re-reading Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books. Any fans will possibly recognise the similarities between the two main characters in the first two books-Rincewind, permanently pessimistic and Twoflower, eternally optimistic-and our very own Lincoln Canary and Lake District Canary.

I must say that I find the interaction between Pratchett’s characters infinitely more interesting than the interaction between these two on here 😳😳😳

The main difference is that Pratchett’s novels are amusing. Lincoln’s one note negativity is anything but. Personally I find LDC’s positivism easier to take, a bit like an enthusiastic nine year old younger brother, but that could be because I’m more to the positive end of the spectrum too.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]The main difference is that Pratchett’s novels are amusing. Lincoln’s one note negativity is anything but. Personally I find LDC’s positivism easier to take, a bit like an enthusiastic nine year old younger brother, but that could be because I’m more to the positive end of the spectrum too.[/quote]

I''m with you there.

[quote user="king canary"]"If you could just bring yourself to give praise without the negative caveats, caveats which are often based on the flimsiest of ideas - you might be given more credibility."

Oh christ my irony meter just exploded.[/quote]

LOL!

Obviously if EVERYONE posted the same thing & ALL agreed on EVERYTHING, this forum would be soooooooooo interesting...

[quote user="Mike "]Obviously if EVERYONE posted the same thing & ALL agreed on EVERYTHING, this forum would be soooooooooo interesting...[/quote]
Wrong forum Mike if you are looking for everyone to post the same and agree with each other. [:P]

It appears to me, the more polar opposite type posters get more replies than anyone else.

I find humour rather than bitterness a better retort.