Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Atmosphere at the City Ground

Really surprised by the lack of home support at Forest yesterday.
1-0 up in five minutes and the match fairly even until HT you''d have thought the place would''ve been rocking. But no, barely any noise fron the Forest fans. 2nd half fair enough in some ways as we were all them but for a full house with 27,000-odd home fans the Forest team must have found it disappointing.
Did the sun send them all to sleep ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
1-0 up in five minutes and the match fairly even until HT you''d have thought the place would''ve been rocking. But no, barely any noise fron the Forest fans. 2nd half fair enough in some ways as we were all them but for a full house with 27,000-odd home fans the Forest team must have found it disappointing.
[/quote]
It was a bit odd wasn''t it? They got going for a couple of minutes after the goal and then it was utter silence. I know most home crowds are quiet compared to the away fans generally, but Forest fans were pretty much funeral silent for the entire game, there was nothing from them at all. I think to be fair, it was the football that largely silenced them as we dominated them, but even so, expected a bit more from them.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]
[/quote]
I had a look at their forum this morning, it seems they think they always have a problem when the ground is full (their first sell out in four years) - the extra people coming in full of expectation of past glories being recreated then realising that they are just going to see more of the same mediocrity and who soon lose interest.  Credit to our side - we put their fans into a stupor with our good play, helped by 2000 of our own fans to rub it in.  What a good performance/result from all concerned.

It was like that last season (we lost 1-0)

They never got anything going, until they scored, and they roared, and I said to Mrs Crabby at the time, that why couldn''t they raise the roof a bit more in support of their team, especially in what was (last season) a fairly even game. Strange really

It has been picked up in the local paper here in Nottingham, which always focuses on Notts Forest (and to a lesser degree County) in the same way as the EDP focuses on City. The comment being that the ground were growing nervous as the game wore on and this communicated itself to the players. Which I think is pretty wet. It''s one thing to have the crowd quiet when you''re struggling, but when you''re 1-0 up with a big attendance, the crowd should find it easy to get behind the team.

TBF one of the paper''s columnists does point out that away teams coming to Forest always say to themselves that if you can stifle Forest for the first 20 minutes, you''ll quieten the crowd. Which wasn''t exactly how it panned out on Saturday...