Sign in to follow this  
king canary

West Ham in for Maddison

It would be very interesting to know where this West Ham bid story came from if it’s false. Them trying to turn his head, agent stirring things up or Webber trying to kick start a bidding war?

It came from the Guardian and was written by Jacob Steinburg who is a West Ham fan- I''d imagine any leak would have come from there end.

West Ham end saying they have bid, Norwich end saying there is no bid.

West Ham have also reportedly made a bid for Tom Cairney and are about to sign Joao Mario. Seems they are active, but unlikely they actually want all 3.

Possibly seeing if they can get Maddison or Cairney to kick off and push for a move, or just a club trying to appear busy to their fans.

If I was a West Ham fan, I''d be underwhelmed by news of them bidding for Maddison. I''m a huge fan of his and think he will play for England in the future, but in their position, I''d expect them to be aiming for a more experienced player. Cairney or Joao Mario are more likely to be their targets in my opinion.

If they are rumored to be bidding £15m for Cairney that sets a standard- Maddison is much younger and has more potential so I''d be saying ''if you''re bidding £15m for him you need to be bidding £20m for Maddison minimum.''

If we are so sure that Madders is off in the summer shouldn''t we be bedding in his replacement ready to go again next season? It is also an argument against spending on loans that we cannot afford to buy.

Btw I would do everything to keep him.

I think the amount West Ham are bidding or not bidding isn''t massively important at this moment. It is like Norwich''s £2m for Brady or Huddersfield''s £5m for Pritchard. It is an initial bid to get people talking. (if it happened)

I suspect Norwich have brought Leitner in as a view to replacing Maddison in the summer, should he work out well in the next few months. Keeping hold of Maddison beyond the summer would be a bit of a miracle right now. Although it does seem the big clubs, Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City etc, aren''t going to follow up their interest.

I don''t think Norwich will sell this month, unless they get a massive offer. I''d consider massive to be in the region of £17m+, a record fee for a club not receiving parachute payments.

I think Maddison''s last three performances have dropped a little below his earlier levels and this has caused the very top clubs to cool off in this transfer window. Though for sure they will continue to track him for the rest of the season and we''ll see some serious bids come in for him in the summer. Currently he is hovering around lower-Prem interest levels. Maybe he needs a break to recharge his batteries. He carries a lot of responsibility for one so young. I wouldn''t be surprised to see Leinter introduced for Madders in a couple of games time. That seems to be why we''ve gone in for the German.

Must take Jarvis back whilst admitting they did a number on us at the time. Also need to pay a fee that will interest us.

Think it is just as likely that Tom Cairney is their real target but by leaking supposed interest in Maddison at £12m they are hoping to get Fulham to come down in price on Cairney