Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Farke

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"] ........ The distrust created after the comments about not needing to sell would cause massive damage between club and fans in terms of trust ........[/quote] It''s difficult to see how there can ever be trust if one party (fans) can''t distinguish between "don''t need to sell" and "won''t under any circumstances sell". 

Very genuine, realistic and sobering words from DF in todays EDP, surprised no one has discussed it. Seems to me like a very honest appraisal of where the club is right now, halfway thru a season of massive upheaval.He is basically saying City win a couple games and fans talk of promotion, lose a couple and its relegation, how true that is. He reminds us that this huge upheaval is not a 1 season shot at glory but a longer term plan, its obvious it will take 2 or 3 seasons for Webber / Farke to really be able to call everything their own work.It also reminds me in the summer, when Webber said the playing staff size was overly big and overly expensive. Add that to DFs very own words in the last few days, when he said he prefers a smaller, tight knit squad rather than a big squad and we are reminded that its not necessarily the case that we will replace every player leaving the club with another new guy. Honest as ever is our Daniel, a guy that has feet kept firmly on the ground.

The smaller squad fits well with the cost restrictions on the club at the moment, but we''ve already seen how injuries to key players can disrupt us. Plus we''re now at the point with several players on 4 yellows (I can''t find a site with up to date data), so there will be suspensions soon too.

Farke had a poor start then everything clicked for a spell, then we found ourselves struggling again, now he seems to have got things back together.  So for me the next couple of months are crucial.  No team can be great all the time, but consistently is absolutely key from here on - lengthy poor spells are not good enough with the squad strength we still have for this level

As for players leaving, I would be less concerned with Klose who is I suspect over-paid for the contribution he''s making.  If Oliveira and/or Jerome were to leave, it would very much depend on the calibre of replacement.  Maddison is key so if we let him go even for £20m you''d have to ask where our creative output is going to come from.

[quote user="Canarymoon"]He''s learning fast about the Championship and he''s also going to have to do the same about the Prem if he gets us there. Hopefully the second half of the season will be much more solid with the x2 wing backs and x3 centre backs.

The transfer window will then show what value Webber has... Currently I think he''s a blagger...Nice to see the old guard move on and cut that stale legacy regardless.[/quote]The defensive side is very good, but we should not ignore the contribution of Tettey in particular to this.  A great chance of the play-offs IMO despite selling Pritchard, as long as no more sales, no major injuries, and getting a decent striker in.

I think Tettey now has 5 yellows after the latest at Brizzle. but as has been pointed out the limit for a totting up suspension at this stage of the season has increased and applies when a player gets to 10.