Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Bristol City corners!

I''ve never understood this as a tactic, I''d keep at least 2 players up the field otherwise who do you pass to when you clear it?!

A couple of seasons ago I think it was Rotheram kept three or four up, it completely threw us. If we leave two up they will have to leave three back, if we all come back they have no worries

[quote user="lake district canary"]If it means the opposition don''t score, no problem. [/quote]

It also means when the ball is cleared it goes straight back to them so it may not mean they score but it also means they are under no pressure whatsoever especially as we are so pedestrian at getting the ball forward!

Did anyone go to the away game v Leicester when we were in the premiership? Every time we got a corner it was scary! Vardy plus other two other attackers were on the halfway line ready to counter-attack as soon as they got the ball. Meant we had to have four players back just to keep an eye on them. Awesome confidence.

I think the thinking with this zonal marking is the more in the box the more to cover each zone, Personally I''d love to see us confuse the opposition and play with a load of player staying up for corners 

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="lake district canary"]If it means the opposition don''t score, no problem. [/quote]

It also means when the ball is cleared it goes straight back to them so it may not mean they score but it also means they are under no pressure whatsoever especially as we are so pedestrian at getting the ball forward![/quote]But as LDC said, it still means that if the opposition don''t score then it''s not a problem.