Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

'Your name vill also go on ze teamsheet; vhat is it?

Hmm. I think we saw from the last few games of the season that the defence can be better than it has been with a more organised and focussed team set up.  We should defend as a team and I''m pleased to see Farke emphasising that in his interview.  Martin - in a good team set up - can be as good as we need.  Yes he will make the occasional mistake - they all do - but in a better team, he may well still be there as CB or RB.  The other emphasis Farke mentioned was keeping posession - making sure we dominate the ball and not give it away.   That has been a problem for us - so many goals coming from giving the ball away cheaply - and everyone has been guilty of that this season and it is another reason why the defence has looked poor.  It''s been a recipe for disaster - attack, give the ball away, fail to cover back and put the defence under too much pressure. No surprise they have lost confidence.  Irvine addressed it and we had better results towards the end of the season.  Like it or not, Martin is a good distributor of the ball - something Farke is bound to like. If the rest of the team can be up to scratch, maybe the defence - Martin, or whoever they are - will not be left so unbelievingly exposed like they were this season.  Looking at the goals against this season has been a bit traumatic. Midfielders failing to track back, players out of position, players standing around while the opposition pass the ball through them as if they weren''t there. I''m not excusing Martin, but I will understand if he is kept on.  On form and in a well drilled team with a positive attitude to defending, he can still have a role to play imo.

There are currently far bigger happenings at Carrow Road and they place an obsession with trivia about Russell Martin firmly on to the back-burner..

He has been a good servant to the club and tremendous value for money over the years.

That he is coming to the end of his lollipop cannot be denied. That he will be a useful back-up player and a good and consistent influence within the club is equally undeniable.

Give it a rest. It''s tedious and counter-productive.

Oh dear! That didn''t come across as intended.

I am actually a fan of Russell Martin who is a consummate professional who has improved beyond his talent by hard work and dedication.

All season, while AN''s formation exposed him at the back, I have seen him vilified on here and so it was tongue in cheek with a reference to Saturday night light entertainment and in the light of speculation the new German coach will drop him or Russell will learn German to ingratiate himself that I made a light-hearted post and attracted the virtue signalling and the naval gazing.

Never mind!

Seriously. I''m failing to understand how this little piece of humour managed to offend. It was just a light hearted reference to a great comedy show, a new German manager and a player whose inclusion on the the team sheet is always a hot topic for debate. It made me chuckle Rudolph and I''m not a Martin or a German hater. It was just a hunourous quip!

Don''the panic.

Great bit of comedy there from Rudolph. Too many ''snowflake'' people about.

Just wait until next season when the fans get there heads around his name, the chanting will be top drawer.

Farken Army. Farken Army.

[quote user="Coneys Knee"]Seriously. I''m failing to understand how this little piece of humour managed to offend. It was just a light hearted reference to a great comedy show, a new German manager and a player whose inclusion on the the team sheet is always a hot topic for debate. It made me chuckle Rudolph and I''m not a Martin or a German hater. It was just a hunourous quip![/quote]I really don''t think anybody was offended but after a hundred or so puns and jokes surrounding the appointment on here,Facebook and Twatter it is becoming a bit tiresome and cringeworthy.

Les wrote;

Just wait until next season when the fans get there heads around his name, the chanting will be top drawer.

Farken Army. Farken Army.

Can just hear "Fark all, we are going to win it all, Fark All.....