Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Say what you like about Mick he's a good manager.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Bulldog Rummin wrote:

''''£57m signings

how come you get the exact contract details and we don''t ?''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FFS every single time anyone mentions a transfer fee you jump all over them.

Are you trying to suggest that we haven''t spent a fortune on players when compared to Ipswich? Because that''s the sentiment here, no need for you to be pedantic about it - if we can''t use the reported figures as an estimation of a player''s fee than what can we use? Just nothing - don''t use them? I really don''t understand the point you are making.

I bet you point blank refused to attempt Physics questions at school because wind resistance is not accounted for in the answers..[/quote]err, remind me when they have actually mentioned a transfer feewhat they are warbling on about is someone else''s guesses, that''s allas to physics I would suggest the irony of that has gone clean over your head, and most likelyyou would have be the first to bleat out that theorys, equations and accuracy were all a bit pedantic

JF wrote ''To be honest it would be harder for a manager not to get our squad in the top 6 of this league.''

That basically sums up my exact feelings regarding this season. I like Alex Neil, and haven''t been banging on for him to get the boot whatsoever, but come May this is what I''ll have judged him on. This season was the one to get us back up to the Premier League - for a variety of factors, I can assure you it will only get more difficult to achieve promotion from next season, and that is the concern for me.

Mick is what he is- a midtable Championship manager, perfect if you''re on a budget looking to build a solid team that won''t go down. Any more ambition than that though he''s not the man. As I said if Norwich went away to Ipswich and managed one shot on target I''d be embarrassed. No fan of Neil but I don''t want us going back to that style of football.

MM''s style of football may have had enough ''''success'''' for him to be deemed a good manager, but if he rolled up as a replacement for AN this board would be in meltdown after 3 or 4 games watching hit and hope merchants trying to nick a set piece, completely bypassing any technically gifted midfielders as the ball sails over their head.

That''s the thing from the start, no one wants Mick, but as everyone stated for what he''s doing he''s a good manager, a few years at this level and we might well be looking a Mick to help us stay up.

The end of this season is pretty critical, who can say with certainty that there won''t be wholesale changes! This year found us selling to buy and in January selling to ensure the 8 million pound debt will be covered.

The future looks set, lose to Wednesday and it will be nearly impossible to get into the top six, championship will only get harder, with a limited budget it could be a lot harder than a lot of people think.

If mick

Was any good

He wouldn''t be

At Ipswich

Just imagine watching that football every week, horrendous.