Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Naismith

Yes, it''s essential we sell our players when they finally settle in and hit form.

There are players to move on this window, for the sakes of their own career I.e Turner, Lafferty etc - but Naismith is most certainly not one of them. He is getting better and better I feel, as plenty more supporters also agree, or is it a case that once somebody has made up their mind on a player that no matter what they do it won''t be good enough? Because that''s certainly the impression I get regarding Naismith...

Anyone who''s watched recent home games can see that Naismith is brilliant at drifting into space, and pulling defenders around. This is giving Olive et al plenty of space and time to get a shot off.

The one thing he does not have is that pace/acceleration, but he does seem to be a very clever footballer.

He''s been great. Yep, not a great deal of pace but that doesn''t matter to me, after all he''s a better footballer than many that do have pace!. An Everton fan favourite, it was ridiculous to write him off so early whilst he wasn''t totally fit plus settling into a new club and area with his young family, I feel people could of given him a lot more support when that was clearly the case. Still, we''re starting to reap the benefits from him now, and he''s winning more people round day by day and long may that continue 👍

In Nelson, Naismith and Wes, we have 3 intelligent players and it could be an exciting 2nd half of the season if we can sort out conceding, as we seem to have started to do in the last 3 leagues games.

If we need the cash to improve the squad and can get decent money for Naismith I''d take it. He''s played a handful of good games and we have Wes, Pritchard and Maddison that can play in his position

[quote user="Ian"]Yes, it''s essential we sell our players when they finally settle in and hit form.[/quote]It''s funny how his rise in form coincides with the transfer window opening. He probably can''t wait to leave and play for a team with a proper manager. If he doesn''t go then we''re stuck with someone on high wages who can''t be bothered.

Len, what a ray of sunshine you are!

Naisy is 30, and in Norfolk where the eternal sunshine of Nelson''s county draws footballing families in. He''s going nowhere as he probably loves it now and who else would take him on his wages and at his age.

I think the fact so many people, and I''ll admit myself included, put so much of an onus on him to save us from relegation was stupid.

Of course it was daft to think a finge Everton player would be good enough to save us, it''s not really Naismith''s fault, by all reports he wasn''t over keen on signing for us in the first place and we paid a huge amount for him given our size budget. So the fact he was very lacklustre and lacked any fight during the relegation battle pissed off a lot of fans myself included. If he can carry on as he has he will turn around those fans, hopefully he''ll carry on as he has the last two games, it''s good for us to have all players firing on all cylinders going into this second half of the season, we still have a chance of playoffs.

Len, great points mate. You should definitely give Rob Butler a call (01603 617321) after the next match.