Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Ed Balls tweet...........

[quote user="king canary"]I don''t have any objection to the £90k thing. If he was doing work above and beyond the unpaid Chairman role then that is fine.

It wasn''t helped by the club saying Stone was acting CEO then claiming Balls was being paid for doing that exact same job but I don''t believe those at the club are just flat our lying to shareholders.[/quote]You''ve missed out this bit -

Wed 27th July:

Meanwhile, until Jez formally takes up his duties with us, Steve Stone

will continue as Interim Chief Executive. The Board would like to place

on record our sincere gratitude for the excellent job Steve has done

leading the club through this period of transition.

– ED BALLS, NORWICH CITY CHAIRMAN

It''s all very well keep posting articles that way Steve Stone stood in for McNally. I don''t think anyone disputes that. We even had a supporters forum with Steve Stone where he talked about how he came to be doing it.

I just don''t remember anyone from the club saying the 90 was for standing in as CE.

And further to that the 2016 book closed at the end of June but Moxey didn''t start til the second week of August.

So if it wasn''t a post balance sheet event then there''s either more to come or it wasn''t for being interim CE.

I was at the AGM and when the question of Ed the red receiving the shares at £1 each the BOD looked at each other and were like rabbits caught in the headlights and the silence was embarrassing till one of them came up with an answer

[quote user="daly"]I was at the AGM and when the question of Ed the red receiving the shares at £1 each the BOD looked at each other and were like rabbits caught in the headlights and the silence was embarrassing till one of them came up with an answer[/quote]
That happened a couple of times Daly. I guess it''s because the CE and a lot of the board weren''t at the club for part of the financial year in question.
MWJ did answer that and the 90 grand question. But it wasn''t in the slick way we have come to expect from the people behind the mic. For all that it was refreshing to get an answer that hadn''t been rehearsed.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s all very well keep posting articles that way Steve Stone stood in for McNally. I don''t think anyone disputes that. We even had a supporters forum with Steve Stone where he talked about how he came to be doing it.

I just don''t remember anyone from the club saying the 90 was for standing in as CE.

And further to that the 2016 book closed at the end of June but Moxey didn''t start til the second week of August.

So if it wasn''t a post balance sheet event then there''s either more to come or it wasn''t for being interim CE.[/quote]

Nutty - is that not exactly what MWJ said when they were asked the question at the AGM - that the payment was made to Balls for standing in as CEO after McNally left (or words to that effect). It was not a post balance sheet event. The contradiction with the public statements from the club throughout the relevant 3 month period that Steve Stone was interim CEO was why several of us raised our eyebrows when it was reported that MWJ had said that.

[quote user="king canary"]I was half expecting it to have been paid to nephew Tom tbh- if that had been the case I think that might have been the end for me.[/quote]

i think many of us suspected that and they knew the question would come up at the AGM.

No Jim. I can''t remember the exact words but it was something along the lines of the club being short handed earlier in the year. He certainly didn''t say it was for being interim CE.

So this is reported wrongly then, MWJ never said this at the AGM?

Paddy Davitt @paddyjdavitt

Michael Wynn Jones confirmed the paymt was to Ed Balls for acting CEO work following McNally''s departure #ncfc

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No Jim. I can''t remember the exact words but it was something along the lines of the club being short handed earlier in the year. He certainly didn''t say it was for being interim CE.[/quote]

Both Davitt and Butler reported it as acting CEO on the night.

In any event he should not have taken the money, given his is an unpaid role which I would take to naturally include being part of the recruitment process for a new CEO. What a joke that must have been by the way seeing as we ended up with Jez.

Winny only spoke a few words on the night. As Daley said that came about through confusion because the slicker suited pros hadn''t been involved for much of the time. What does paddy and Rob say Winny said?

I thought we employed a head hunting agency to recruit the new CEO, I can''t remember?

Quite probably Indy. All I know is that Steve Stone applied and Moxey got the gig.

If we get taken over you won''t have to worry about accounts, transparency and agms anymore that''s for sure.

How can you know that? It''s always a gamble, I''m not sure what we have now and heading towards is the right direction are you?

Chairman who isn''t employed by the club and doing a favour, CEO who hasn''t made a great impression and owners getting criticised for sticking by a failing manager, does this not have a sense of deja vu?

We won''t have to worry about it anyway as the clubs staying in the family full stop, so this will carry on.

[quote user="Indy"]How can you know that? It''s always a gamble, I''m not sure what we have now and heading towards is the right direction are you?

Chairman who isn''t employed by the club and doing a favour, CEO who hasn''t made a great impression and owners getting criticised for sticking by a failing manager, does this not have a sense of deja vu?

We won''t have to worry about it anyway as the clubs staying in the family full stop, so this will carry on.[/quote][Y]

I don''t know that Indy. But how are we going to keep all these shareholders when the shares are sold? How many other clubs hold agms to suit the fans and the press. I''m not saying it''s bad. We could end up winning the league year after year then nobody would care about agms or accounts. Ask the friendly manc about Citehs AGMs or ask the binners about theirs.

If we are taken over pouring over the accounts and reports from agms will be a thing of the past.

Not really, the accounts will still be published, yes if you have a drag along clause in the share agreement, if Delia sells then the other shares will be too, but is that an issue, do you really need an AGM?

Surely it would be better to have a better relationship with the club and its fans? Do we really have that now? Even Moxey can see the devide between fan and club, I''m sure I''m not alone in the way I feel this past two seasons. Yes there''s others who might take up my season ticket but there''s always tickets available recently and empty seats each home game.

I think if the club wants to become a self sufficient business and stay debt free then great, come out say it, employ people to run it as a business, but have it there as your clubs statement. As said we have no right to expect anything and should be thankful for the success we''ve had, now just support the club as your duty without question as it''s right to do so as a supporter.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 15/01/2017 8:22 PM:

Quite probably Indy. All I know is that Steve Stone applied and Moxey got the gig.

Steve Stone did get the gig, on an Interim basis. He applied for the job full time , and Moxey got the job.

Balls got 90K , or at least some part of the 90K, for helping to be a sort of CEO, in addition to an interim CEO, who helped find another , permanent CEO .

the accounting period in question ended 30th June 2016 , and McNally resigned (sort of) as announced by the Club on 9th May.

So Ed got 90k for assisting an interim CEO (who presumably was still getting paid an FD''s salary) over something like 7 weeks.

Unless the payment was accrued for a longer period (there are no notes as such on the accounts) we have so assume the above to be so.

I''d like to know if it was during this time that the new deal with Neil was signed?

That was my point Beardo. If the 90 was for standing in for McNally we will see this all again in November. However Winnie said something about work done earlier in the year when they were short. I cannot quote the exact words. Those who were there will understand that winnies input wasnt slick and part of any presentation.

Indy - at no point did I say anything was better. I was just saying it will be different. However what won''t change is how supporters react to the club not meeting expectations and as a takeover would most likely increase expectations it could be a rocky road ahead.

Sorry Beardo. I meant to add that Neil''s contract was given in 2015. I expect the deal you refer to is the severence pay reported in the sun. The question that I''d like answered is how long was the contract McNally gave to Neil. The answer to that would give a bit more perspective to the reported 2m quid pay out.

To be honest the AGM and thereafter has been a little like shooting yourself in the foot.

The promotion statement, the 90k payment, the standing by AN for ten years, I''m not it was mentioned there, but another poor thing to say and the last one of imposing Tom as our next owner with little option to change regardless of what that might be.

I''m not arguing just saying since the AGM it''s been fairly negative downward spiral. Til said we had to sell to buy, anyone can see we are re-structuring the players in line with financial budgets for another season in the championship.

I don''t have any problem with this, but have the transparency to say this to the fans.

You''re right I know Delia has the best intentions for this club but like you and me from her point of view, it''s never easy, but in reality this club is a community owned brand and should be looked on as such, sure she would be more respected if she actually used a fans group member, senior trusted pros, like Hodgson or Dave Stringer & the CEO to discuss the best options for the future of the club? I know it''s a utopian idea and will never happen, but it''s a nice idea.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Sorry Beardo. I meant to add that Neil''s contract was given in 2015. I expect the deal you refer to is the severence pay reported in the sun. The question that I''d like answered is how long was the contract McNally gave to Neil. The answer to that would give a bit more perspective to the reported 2m quid pay out.[/quote]

I think it''ll only be a years rolling contract as that would be the standard years severance pay, I bet AN is on 40k a week. That would be the 2 million.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Sorry Beardo. I meant to add that Neil''s contract was given in 2015. I expect the deal you refer to is the severence pay reported in the sun. The question that I''d like answered is how long was the contract McNally gave to Neil. The answer to that would give a bit more perspective to the reported 2m quid pay out.[/quote]

I think it''ll only be a years rolling contract as that would be the standard years severance pay, I bet AN is on 40k a week. That would be the 2 million.[/quote]
That''s what he was on originally Indy. The contract he was awarded in 2015 was described as an improved long term contract with a vastly enhanced salary.
I''ve made this same point over and over but without knowing the details of that contract the reported 2m severance deal a year later doesn''t have any context. It could be more than he would have got or it could be less. 

I suppose as politicians go Ed Balls was quite likeable, although he never convinced me of his competence when shadow chancellor.

He''s also a bit of a loser. He lost out to Miliband in the Labour leadership race, he lost his seat in the following general election and he even lost out in a dancing show. Apparently there''s an annual Ed Balls Day in April which has something to do with him not mastering Twitter.

Let''s hope his losing habits don''t rub of on our Club.

What i do not understand why these people use Twitter

They tweet / post " listen to me i am famous Bull$shit ! "

But will not Answer Reply to anyones tweets / questions we it goes against them

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Sorry Beardo. I meant to add that Neil''s contract was given in 2015. I expect the deal you refer to is the severence pay reported in the sun. The question that I''d like answered is how long was the contract McNally gave to Neil. The answer to that would give a bit more perspective to the reported 2m quid pay out.[/quote]

I think it''ll only be a years rolling contract as that would be the standard years severance pay, I bet AN is on 40k a week. That would be the 2 million.[/quote]
That''s what he was on originally Indy. The contract he was awarded in 2015 was described as an improved long term contract with a vastly enhanced salary.
I''ve made this same point over and over but without knowing the details of that contract the reported 2m severance deal a year later doesn''t have any context. It could be more than he would have got or it could be less. 
[/quote]

The key point about the media reports was not that it was £2m severance but that it was two YEARS pay. I suspect the £2m figure was a media guess at what two years pay might be but the point was his contract was changed so that the severance package was worse from the clubs perspective.

So is it like when I left my old company and had six month gardening leave which meant I couldn''t start my next job for that period, was nice to have six months on full pay without having to work.

So does that apply to AN if he gets the bullet with severance pay? Will that mean he can''t work without agreement from NCFC?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Sorry Beardo. I meant to add that Neil''s contract was given in 2015. I expect the deal you refer to is the severence pay reported in the sun. The question that I''d like answered is how long was the contract McNally gave to Neil. The answer to that would give a bit more perspective to the reported 2m quid pay out.[/quote]

[/quote]

The key point about the media reports was not that it was £2m severance but that it was two YEARS pay. I suspect the £2m figure was a media guess at what two years pay might be but the point was his contract was changed so that the severance package was worse from the clubs perspective.[/quote]
Well you can say that Jimbo and I can''t argue. But if we were to know how long that new contract was we could hazard a pretty good guess at how much it would cost to buy it back.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]What i do not understand why these people use Twitter

They tweet / post " listen to me i am famous Bull$shit ! "

But will not Answer Reply to anyones tweets / questions we it goes against them[/quote]
You have a pm and messages on the guess the gate thread. If you''re not interested buddy that''s finebut  please let me know either way before the end of the month.