Sign in to follow this  
tricky974

Canos

[quote user="morty"]So, exactly the same as every single other professional footballer, he has to work hard, and impress the manager in training. Make it impossible not to pick him.[/quote]So what happened with Grant Holt then?Supposedly a shocking trainer, but it didn''t stop Lambert or Hughton picking him as pretty much the first name on the team sheet regardless of this, because of how he performed in the actual games.There''s WAY too many variables in the Canos scenario to have any idea what''s actually the main reason for his lack of appearances (especially after being so strong for Brentford on his previous loan at this level), but I find it hard to believe that he''s been THAT bad for him to receive so little opportunity as he has.

If it doesn''t work out, then so be it.As long as we stay away from any kind of "Alex Neil doesn''t like him and ruined him" nonsense, than thats okay[;)]

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="morty"]So, exactly the same as every single other professional footballer, he has to work hard, and impress the manager in training. Make it impossible not to pick him.[/quote]So what happened with Grant Holt then?Supposedly a shocking trainer, but it didn''t stop Lambert or Hughton picking him as pretty much the first name on the team sheet regardless of this, because of how he performed in the actual games.There''s WAY too many variables in the Canos scenario to have any idea what''s actually the main reason for his lack of appearances (especially after being so strong for Brentford on his previous loan at this level), but I find it hard to believe that he''s been THAT bad for him to receive so little opportunity as he has.[/quote]Just come out and blame Alex Neil then, you know you want to.

Haha I think it would be stupid for anyone to blame Alex for Canos not getting his chances purely because we just don''t know who''s to blame, if there is even any blame to be levelled towards anyone anyway! Could be all sorts of reasons, but nevertheless, would like/have liked to see a bit more of him just so we can/could send him on his way knowing he won''t be the one that got away! Let''s hope not 👍

Really dont understand what all the whys and wherefores concerning Canos are being aired here, when the situation is  simple to understand...its just a question of money, nothing else. Alex  could not have been more clear, every single player at the club  has a price upon which City value them, so if any club meet that valuation on any player, then negotiations can start.Brentford obviously rate Canos highly, will soon have a  very nice nest egg from their sale of Hogan, and if...if, they meet Citys valuation , then its a goer. So this is nothing to do with how good or not good Canos is, what Alex thinks of him, or anything else...its business...its money..nothing to do with  the guy and his footballing merits.

If we sell for more than we paid for (to cover wages etc) then it''s not a failed transfer as we''ve lost nothing.

It''s frustrating as having watched him a couple of times for Brentford, albeit of the bench, he had some terrific performances. Thought he''d have come on from the bench to have a chance to prove himself personally.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Really dont understand what all the whys and wherefores concerning Canos are being aired here, when the situation is  simple to understand...its just a question of money, nothing else. Alex  could not have been more clear, every single player at the club  has a price upon which City value them, so if any club meet that valuation on any player, then negotiations can start.Brentford obviously rate Canos highly, will soon have a  very nice nest egg from their sale of Hogan, and if...if, they meet Citys valuation , then its a goer. So this is nothing to do with how good or not good Canos is, what Alex thinks of him, or anything else...its business...its money..nothing to do with  the guy and his footballing merits.[/quote]

Very short sighted approach, if true. The players got huge potential, he could be worth a considerable amount more in a year or two.

I really doubt Canos was brought in on the premise of being sold 6 months later for a little profit.

I just don''t trust ANs judgement here.

[quote user="Alex "]Haha I think it would be stupid for anyone to blame Alex for Canos not getting his chances purely because we just don''t know who''s to blame, if there is even any blame to be levelled towards anyone anyway! Could be all sorts of reasons, but nevertheless, would like/have liked to see a bit more of him just so we can/could send him on his way knowing he won''t be the one that got away! Let''s hope not 👍[/quote]Yup.

He did well for Brentford but he hardly set the league alight.

People get carried away. People were saying he''s better than Redmond.

I''d rather see a youngster given a chance than rot in the reserve side, if Brentford want him then good luck to the lad, sell him on.

He was bought as a young replacement off the back of Redders sale. Can''t say I''ve seen enough to say he''s any better than Murphy, but he''s obviously good enough at this level as he proved last term with 7 goals in 38 appearances.

Just hope we see a replacement for Olsson soon as it''s gone very quiet on that Dutch guy.

I get the impression we might see Brady go last minute and be caught out again with the window running out, who really wants to see Whitts at left back the rest of the season? 7 days and counting!