Sign in to follow this  
daisy

Best Team.

I seem to remember that most of last season was spent with Alex Neil trying to decide which his best team was. This season seems to be no different, Brentford will see yet another changed team. The top brass won`t make a change of manager but the manager continually changes personnel. So which philosophy is correct ??

[quote user="daisy"]I seem to remember that most of last season was spent with Alex Neil trying to decide which his best team was. This season seems to be no different, Brentford will see yet another changed team. The top brass won`t make a change of manager but the manager continually changes personnel. So which philosophy is correct ??[/quote]You surely aren''t advocating it has to be one or the other?You can see that injuries and suspensions have forced him to make changes though?

Have you never looked a teamsheet and thought ` why has he changed it again` , we`ve had top players sitting on the bench after being dropped for no apparent reason. Yes we have injuries and suspensions but at the start of the season most fans would agree our squad was probably one of the best in the league yet the constant changes make us look like a pub team thrown together. I scratch my head sometimes trying to work out on what basis he picks his teams.

[quote user="daisy"]Have you never looked a teamsheet and thought ` why has he changed it again` , we`ve had top players sitting on the bench after being dropped for no apparent reason. Yes we have injuries and suspensions but at the start of the season most fans would agree our squad was probably one of the best in the league yet the constant changes make us look like a pub team thrown together. I scratch my head sometimes trying to work out on what basis he picks his teams.[/quote]I shouldn''t imagine its "no apparent reason" though, is it?Which top players were dropped for no apparent reason?

Nearly every player has been dropped this season, it`s a merry go round, my point is we keep changing the team, this season, last season and god forbid if he`s still here next season !!

[quote user="daisy"]Nearly every player has been dropped this season, it`s a merry go round, my point is we keep changing the team, this season, last season and god forbid if he`s still here next season !![/quote]What was the "no apparent good reason" though?Struggling to remember a player playing well that has been dropped.

To be fair, when he changes personnel and we lose he''s accused of not playing a settled side and tinkering too much.

When he retains personnel and we lose he''s accused of being too loyal to underperforming players and having run out of ideas.

Maybe he needs to reexamine the formation which has, arguably, made us stale and certainly predictable?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="daisy"]Have you never looked a teamsheet and thought ` why has he changed it again` , we`ve had top players sitting on the bench after being dropped for no apparent reason. Yes we have injuries and suspensions but at the start of the season most fans would agree our squad was probably one of the best in the league yet the constant changes make us look like a pub team thrown together. I scratch my head sometimes trying to work out on what basis he picks his teams.[/quote]I shouldn''t imagine its "no apparent reason" though, is it?Which top players were dropped for no apparent reason?

[/quote]

Klose, Canos, Pritchard spring to mind. Ok who knows what goes on behind the scenes but to drop Pritchard after his best display (our last win) was bizarre, Canos hasnt had an extended run to give him a chance to make a case, he''s gotten the odd game then immediately dropped. Klose, admittedly has been below par but is he any worse than the rest of our abysmal defence? I can understand the OP''s frustration to be honest.

[quote user="daisy"]Add to that Hoolahan and Jerome.[/quote]Hoolahan, at his age, isn''t going to play every single game.And the role that Jerome plays means he probably isn''t going to either.I didn''t see the game that Canos played, but have been told he can blow a bit hot and cold.Pritchard is competing against Hoolahan for a position, you can''t have it both ways.Theres always reasons....

And opinions, that`s what makes it such a great sport. Guess we just all want our club to be successful, pity we don`t see the same passion on the field as we see on here.

[quote user="daisy"]And opinions, that`s what makes it such a great sport. Guess we just all want our club to be successful, pity we don`t see the same passion on the field as we see on here.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="morty"]Hoolahan, at his age, isn''t going to play every single game.And the role that Jerome plays means he probably isn''t going to either.

[/quote]

TIL 1010 is not online. Last active: 11/10/2016 10:43:54

TIL 1010

Top 25 Posts

Joined on 20/01/2008

Norwich

Posts 12,825

Re: Lafferty

Who honestly thinks Jerome can keep this up for 6 months and another 30 games without it taking it''s toll on him ?

Me.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]Hoolahan, at his age, isn''t going to play every single game.And the role that Jerome plays means he probably isn''t going to either.

[/quote]

TIL 1010

Top 25 Posts

Joined on 20/01/2008

Norwich

Posts 12,825

Who honestly thinks Jerome can keep this up for 6 months and another 30 games without it taking it''s toll on him ?

Me.
[/quote]You really are tragically pathetic[:D]Just as well you started your whingeing a few games after Wembley, got it in nice and early, eh?

This thread sums up AN problems, none of us can come up with the best team, we can''t agree on the best system.

AN has his preferred system that''s clear to see, yet some of the players he has bought don''t fit what''s required.

I couldn''t pick the starting 11 if they were all fit, that''s why I always say play the performing players, those who don''t have to be dropped, the issue has been those coming in haven''t stepped it up.

I''m glad I''m not AN.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]Hoolahan, at his age, isn''t going to play every single game.And the role that Jerome plays means he probably isn''t going to either.

[/quote]

TIL 1010

Top 25 Posts

Joined on 20/01/2008

Norwich

Posts 12,825

Me.
[/quote]You really are tragically pathetic[:D]Just as well you started your whingeing a few games after Wembley, got it in nice and early, eh?[/quote]I respect your opinion even if it is inconsistent and laughable.

[quote user="morty"]Nice to see your last remaining friend tripping round with you too.[:D][/quote]Plenty of friends ta very much and some believe it or not sort of contradict what runs round that tiny infantile little brain of yours. Leave it there as i am sure we will bump into one another at some time and lay to rest your sad tragic myths that you keep alluding to.

I''m hoping Alex does know his best team Daisy but he hasn''t been able to play it for the last 7/8 games with all the injuries.

Howson, Pinto, Mulumbu, Whittaker, Tettey Thompson, Jarvis, Olssen all have been injured at sometime in past 2 months & then Olssen suspended, Dorrans suspended

Not making excuses but that hasn''t helped us and hasnr enabled us to have a settled team

Howson/Pinto/Jarvis/Thompson will be back soon which will hopefully make a difference, add a couple of decent cbs and another decent striker in Jan, get rid of the 2/3 players who may not want to be here, then we should look in better shape.

Im trying to stay positive and am hoping for a good win on Sat to turn the tide

I would be quite up for a few post-match drinks in the Stracey Hotel after the next home game. Of course, unless we lose I doubt we would get much in the way of conversation.