Sign in to follow this  
Gamera

Most Comedic moment at carrow road?

Barclayendboy, I''m pretty sure it was John Deehan who kicked the ball that hit him- still the funniest moment for me also- he was all over the shop.

Can''t believe no one has mentioned Pape Diop performance against QPR - probably the funniest thing i''ve ever seen at carrow road. He someone managed to blend the sublime and thedown right awful. I vaguely remember him spitting at the QPR fans, goding them after we scored, getting someone sent off after an awful awful dive, producing an Okocha stepover in front of the barclay which fooled the whole stand and the defence only for Llewellyn to miss an open goal, i think he may also have setup the our goal. The thing cheered me up no end - and after that he was gone - a true cult hero come back Pape

In more recent times, the Alex Notman testimonial game.

I don''t think i''ll ever forget Flem''s step overs on the right wing!
Or Greeno and Hucks swapping positions- I seem to remember Green having a good effort just tipped round the post!!

OTBC! Prem here we come!

The old ones are the best. Anyone else remember Jimmy Bone dribbling to the corner flag to waste a bit of time, and then sitting on the ball? I''ll always remember their full back frantically hacking away at the ball whilst the crowd cheered.

I remember one game where the central defender was continuously climbing on Kevin Drinkell''s back.  The ref ignored this constantly, so Drinkell decided that next time he would grab the defender on his back and run over to the ref, carrying the player.  Ref promptly booked Drinkell.

Just to bring this back up to date -

Yesterday for the two minutes after our goal , the whole of the snakepit and barclay lower and part of the barclay upper all waving their arms in perfect time and signing ''Lets all do a Marshall''.

Obviously only funny cos I was in the Jarrold stand - if you were in the Barclay/Snakepit you wouldn''t have appreciated how many of you were joining in but it was priceless - I was wetting myself laughing.

Well done lads.

Following on from someones post earlier does anyone know where Mr "Sweets, Chocolates, Hot Drinks, Cold Drinks" is now or whether he is still with us.  One of the most evocative memories of my childhood and was roughly in his prime when Bruce netted in the 84th minute of the second leg of the Milk Cup Semi Final.

Incedently any one remember Ian Porterfields interview on Radio 5 after the Beasant goals at Stamford Bridge?  A true comedy moment.  No Ferguson style back your players up at all costs there.

Also on Saturday: in response to the Millwall supporter''s chant of ''You''ll Never Play For England'', Greeno calmly took off and held up his cap with one hand, and held up one finger with the other. It was a beautiful moment, especially as it shut the Millwall fans up until they came out with the extremely desperate ''Marshall For England'', which was nearly as funny.

I agree with DD, it''s all about the overturned penalty decision at the end of that Ipswich game. But the crowning moment of comedy genius was from Gunny, who, in the middle of all the chaos, calmly picked up the ball and took the free kick from bang on the penalty spot. Superb.

I also enjoyed him getting Lothar "Norwich is just a small village where they make mustard" Matthaus booked during the Bayern Munich home game. Lothar was arguing with the ref about a goal-kick he thought should have been a corner when Gunny, polite as you like, inched betwen him and the ref as if to say, "I''d like to take the goal kick now, please." Matthaus went nuts and duly got a yellow.

Finally, anyone else remember Fleck taking a throw-in from inside the South Stand? During his second spell at the club we were so dire that his humour was the only thing worth going to games for.