Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Priorities

Only two clubs has scored less goals than us, and only two have conceded more than us.

Now first let me say I think A should stay, even if we were to go down, because he''s an up and coming manager. But two priorities remain:

1) This board needs to act fast in signing quality CB (hopefully Klose) and a quality and proven striker. Mbokani maybe a beast, but both he and Jerome have had 22 games to show they''re not gonna score us goals. Naysmith (if he comes) may add goals but he''s not the answer either. IMO Afobe will show us again he''s one that got away. I know it''s obvious but we''re crying out for someone to get us goals

2) AN may well need to change his system. He''s adapted throughout but we''re now leaking goals at alarming rate, and not scoring anywhere near enough with one up front.

Ourlast 3 performances are not gonna help persuade people to come here!

"Only two clubs has scored less goals than us, and only two have conceded more than us."* fewer.This is wrong.Scored:Norwich 24Villa 18Swansea 19West Brom 22That''s 3 teams scoring fewer goals.Also on 24 goals are:NewcastleStoke

1. Afobe isn''t ''one that got away'' ... he went to a richer club who could pay him more.

2. A promoted side like us with limited resources compared to our opponents will always have, sometimes severe, peaks and troughs across the season. Expecting a consistent chain of productive results is a tad unrealistic.

We currently have more points than games ... that''s great.

If Afobe is a success at Bournemouth, it does not mean ge wiuld have been here.

Simply because our midfield is one of the worst in the league in creating chances for strikers.

[quote user="grefstad"]If Afobe is a success at Bournemouth, it does not mean ge wiuld have been here.

Simply because our midfield is one of the worst in the league in creating chances for strikers.[/quote]

Wes is joint 7th. for assists

[quote user="Samwam27"]Only two clubs has scored less goals than us, and only two have conceded more than us. [/quote]Grammar alertOnly two clubs has scored fewer goals than us, and only two have conceded more than us.[Y][:D]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="grefstad"]If Afobe is a success at Bournemouth, it does not mean ge wiuld have been here.

Simply because our midfield is one of the worst in the league in creating chances for strikers.[/quote]

[/quote]

Wes has 6 assists. How many of those gave come after October? Form is absent, also from Wes

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="grefstad"]If Afobe is a success at Bournemouth, it does not mean ge wiuld have been here.

[/quote]

Wes has 6 assists. How many of those gave come after October? Form is absent, also from Wes[/quote]

So now we''re the worst in the league up to October, talk about selective use of stats to give the wrong result!What next, NCFC are worst in the league for assists by a predominately left foot player with dandruff?

Not the brightest, are you, Squit?

Wes had a lot of assists early this season.

I dont remember how many, but guessing on 5 from Aug-Oct.

Few, or none, thereafter.

Thats my point.

Afobe was most impressive yesterday. He took his goal well. He held the line well. He looked the part. By comparison, Mbokani even wasn''t close with the couple of chances he had. Ultimately, however, it is our ownership structure that shall see us relegated. That we appear unattractive to potential players -even compared to Bournemouth- is somewhat disappointing. Simply put, you cannot live within your means in the PL or certainly not while trying to establish yourself in the league. Bournemouth have demonstrated this and ultimately will retain their PL status. If, and until, new capital is introduced into the club we shall continue to flatter to deceive before failing once again.

Dare I say it but after watching yesterday''s performance we could do with a new central midfielder to go alongside Jonny H. I''m not sure Mulumbu and Dorrans are going to be the answer. Tettey not at the races, and if Mulumbu didn''t look so out of form against Man City I''d be inclined to give him a start in Tettey''s role.

I think Mbokani had his work cut out yesterday, I really do - the lob wasn''t exactly great but I saw enough from him to see he''s definitely our most gifted striker by far and with the right service will get us goals.

[quote user="grefstad"]Not the brightest, are you, Squit?

Wes had a lot of assists early this season.

I dont remember how many, but guessing on 5 from Aug-Oct.

Few, or none, thereafter.

Thats my point.[/quote]

So the season starts at the end of October, interesting.

Wes has 6 assists. How many of those gave come after October? Form is absent, also from Wes

This is pertinent - the reason AN continues with Wes & to a lesser degree Redmond, when out of form is because no one else has taken up the creative mantle; I keep hearing howson and voo are creative - they need to show it too - they have failed as much as wes and redmond in having a creative edge.

[quote user="Alex "]Dare I say it but after watching yesterday''s performance we could do with a new central midfielder to go alongside Jonny H. I''m not sure Mulumbu and Dorrans are going to be the answer. Tettey not at the races, and if Mulumbu didn''t look so out of form against Man City I''d be inclined to give him a start in Tettey''s role.

I think Mbokani had his work cut out yesterday, I really do - the lob wasn''t exactly great but I saw enough from him to see he''s definitely our most gifted striker by far and with the right service will get us goals.[/quote]I do believe there were a few people who tried to point out that if WBA didn''t want Dorrans and Mulumbu then they were probably not up to the standard required , you need to find good up and coming players not the rubbish your rivals don''t want thats why Haller would have been a much better signing than Everton''s 30 year old reserve .