Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Next Prem Manager To Go

Not to stir anything up, but just for debate really. The great public on the BBC Sports website have cast their votes as to who they think will be the next Prem manager to be given their marching order.

1st, and rather obviously, is Van Gaal. People questioning his methods, results and confidence aren''t happening on the pitch and the club is under performing. Obvious choice really.

2nd is Remi Garde of Aston Villa. Again, pretty obvious stuff here - bottom of the league, 2 wins all season etc. etc.

Surprisingly though, 3rd place is our own Sir Alex Neil.

As a Norwich supporter, and having spoken to many other Norwich supporters, who all seem very keen to back Alex no matter what happens this season. If we go down, for me, at this moment and time it is still hard to think of any better option that what AN has demonstrated so far in his short managerial career. I hope many of you will agree on that basis. This raises the question of how other people view Norwich as a football club. Anyone around the club will back the fact AN should be given plenty of time and support, but clearly non-NCFC don''t believe that''s the case. Interesting if nothing else!

Another interesting thing, Eddie Howe at B''Mouth (why does everyone seem to love him?!) finished with 0%. Yet they are just 1 point above us. How does that make any sense?

Sadly it doesn''t say how many people voted which is a shame.

Below is a copy of the results;

Who will be the next Premier League manager to leave his club?

We are sorry; this vote is now closed.

Here are the results:

Arsene Wenger (Arsenal)

2%

Remi Garde (Aston Villa)

15%

Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)

0%

Guus Hiddink (Chelsea)

8%

Alan Pardew (Crystal Palace)

1%

Roberto Martinez (Everton)

2%

Claudio Ranieri (Leicester)

0%

Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool)

1%

Manuel Pellegrini (Man City)

6%

Louis van Gaal (Man United)

26%

Steve McClaren (Newcastle)

10%

Alex Neil (Norwich)

14%

Ronald Koeman (Southampton)

2%

Mark Hughes (Stoke City)

0%

Sam Allardyce (Sunderland)

4%

Francesco Guidolin (Swansea)

2%

Mauricio Pochettino (Tottenham)

0%

Quique Sanchez Flores (Watford)

3%

Tony Pulis (West Brom)

2%

Slaven Bilic (West Ham)

1%

And now, back to why Naismith hasn''t signed yet...

Fairly meaningless I''d say. To the neutral, we''ve had a bad run and have limited time to steady the ship, so naturally we''re thought likely to try a change of manager in desperation to stay up.

I voted for McClaren...

Interesting stuff AJ.

Flores is 33/1 and given that club''s record in patience I''ve invested a couple of quid. If it comes up I''ll put half into our pot.

What utter rubbish.

Neil is bullet proof regardless of relegation he will still be with us. I would bet a months wages on this being the case if the worst happens

I voted on that earlier and went for Eddie Howe because he''s a smug tw@t with unlimited funds and is only 1 point ahead of Alex Neil who has a budget, yet is seen as some kind of God in the media.

I''d go for McClaren.

If West Brom get sucked into the relegation mire then I can imagine Pulis being given the elbow if only to try and get the [apocryphal?] ''dead cat bounce''.

As for Alex Neil even if the worst was too happen (and I don''t think it will) I''d be more than happy for him to remain in charge. Any neutrals won''t really know anything about us, or Alex Neil - to them we''re just Small Team on a Bad Run and Therefore Will Sack Manager.

Other teams fans just see little old norwich at the wrong end of the table and assume the worst. I''d say Neil is one of the managers least likely to get the sack, after all who do we think could do a better job with the tools available?

If we do go down, I agree that AN will probably retain the support of the fans (and hopefully the board). But my fear is that he may have his head turned by interest from other borderline clubs.

I, like most supporters are fully behind Alex Neill. An impressive manager and strong character.

His only problem is that Delia likes Ricky Martin ''cos he''s a very nice man so you know what that means!

Considering it''s going to be a high tally to survive this year if we go down we could probably consider ourselves pretty unlucky and with AN''s record with this team in the Championship it would be madness to sack him at any point this year.

He''s already proven he can turn us around in bad form, he''s obviously won us points at times this year tactically, he''s shown he can be flexible in his approach, the players like him, he inspires confidence in the fans etc

it''s not his fault most of the players we''ve approach who could actually improve the starting 11 don''t want to relocate to Norfolk. He''s not going anywhere this year.

I think most teams will stick by their managers from now until the end of the season regardless.  You might get a desperate attempt at a dead-cat bounce near the end of the season, like we did sacking Hughton.  But having allowed managers to invest in January, you''d expect most to stay and see it out.Alex Neil is safe. That''s look pretty certain.