Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Out of the bottom three

😄😄😂😂😂 6-0 this could break the record

The other side of the coin is that if we don''t stay up then you can pencil in one of next season''s automatic spots for Villa. It''ll be like they''re attached to a bungee rope.

I''m not so sure. Once they are down, their big money players will move and they will be left with a young squad, and I feel that there will be far too many streetwise squads in that League to allow Villa into the top 6.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]I''m not so sure. Once they are down, their big money players will move and they will be left with a young squad, and I feel that there will be far too many streetwise squads in that League to allow Villa into the top 6.[/quote]I don''t think Villa losing players will matter. They''ve been in the top flight since Dave Stringer''s first season, and the closest parallel for an established side going down in the post-PL era would have to be Newcastle a few seasons ago. They walked it even with an average to good manager and amidst a ton of acrimony.Whatever happens, it''s certainly getting very competitive in the league below, with lots of cash floating round and several former PL teams starting to sort themselves out. Also consider the fact that there don''t look to be any small or financially troubled sides like Wigan or Bolton going down this season.