Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Stop messing and get Gayle.

Morty, according to Bethnal a deal was in place with Palace for him to come here only for Palace to fail to find a replacement, so yes, he was willing to come here!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Morty, according to Bethnal a deal was in place with Palace for him to come here only for Palace to fail to find a replacement, so yes, he was willing to come here![/quote]Ahhhhh, a bloke on the internet said it[Y][;)]

But because we waited until last day of xfer window, it all fell through.

We never learn, maybe that''s because we''ve got muppets for a Board!

So now you mock Bethnal, one of the more insightful and accurate posters who used to post here? I wonder why he has been absent recently?

[quote user="Ron Manager"]So now you mock Bethnal, one of the more insightful and accurate posters who used to post here? I wonder why he has been absent recently?[/quote]Oh come on.Lots and lots of things get said here from folks allegedly in the know, I take most of them with a pinch of salt.No idea. It is a pit of misery just now, its not to everybody''s taste.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Morty, according to Bethnal a deal was in place with Palace for him to come here only for Palace to fail to find a replacement, so yes, he was willing to come here![/quote]

That doesn''t mean he was willing. Normally the clubs agree a transfer then the player & his agent negotiate, it could fall through at that point, the standard explanation is ''couldn''t agree personal terms'' but that hides a multiple of reasons.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/crystal-palace-cancel-dwight-gayle-norwich/story-27716894-detail/story.html

Certainly looks like he was willing to come here doesn''t it?

[quote user="Ron Manager"]http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/crystal-palace-cancel-dwight-gayle-norwich/story-27716894-detail/story.html

Certainly looks like he was willing to come here doesn''t it?[/quote]Well if the Croydon Advertiser says it.....[Y]

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/01/palace-pulled-plug-on-norwich-move-for-gayle/&ved=0ahUKEwiVpdPwy7fQAhWDRCYKHbXjCZgQFgggMAI&usg=AFQjCNHfL9nw5p_1qyPDzjYbsnK8YCx2HA&sig2=lUxzkzBi8NUaVGJVSfTH5g

I could post more reports but it would get boring. He was prepared to come here.

I agree with what Ricardo says above opportunity.

Naismith for the same money seemed a better buy.

Funny old game.

Does it actually matter if he wanted to come here. A deal was in place.

Half our current crop don''t play as if they want to be here, so why criticise someone we failed to get.

AT this point I''d take anyone who knows where the back of the net is. Jerome doesn''t anymore. ON doesn''t appear too (extremely limited chances) Laffs suggests he does (but even more limited chances!). We let Hoops go (without securing a replacement first) who certainly did at this level

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Morty, according to Bethnal a deal was in place with Palace for him to come here only for Palace to fail to find a replacement, so yes, he was willing to come here![/quote]Bethnal''s detail, if I remember, was that Gayle was in a hotel room near Carrow Road on transfer deadline day waiting to sign when Connor Wickham got injured and Pardew pulled the plug on the deal. Such is football.

Question for Pete... Can we have a Morty flag on the front page of the forum? We''ll then know which threads to avoid and which ones will have some meaningful debate. Would be even better if it told us the first page where he starts to get involved, that way we could read up until that point before moving on. Ta.

Lol, who took the jam out of your donut?

You crack on with your serious debate fella, I''m not stopping you.

It''s a fairly meaningless debate anyway, I rather suspect that the way things are with Norwich, Gayle would have struggled to score as many as he has at Newcastle - and the team would still be cr*p defensively.