Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pick your Worst Team of the last Twenty Years

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Back off Keith Scott guys. You peasants obviously don''t remember his glorious debut goal away at Watford (which happened to be on my birthday). A player with a 1 in 2 goal to league starts ratio. He also speaks highly of the club. Is that not enough for you ingrates!? An NCFC legend. End of.[/quote]
What are you up to these days, Keith?  Running a pub?  Bit of coaching?

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="UpperBarclay"]I think Robert Rosario would have to figure somewhere.[/quote]

NO WAY SHOULD HE BE INCLUDED, SCORING SOME CRACKING GOALS, DID YOU EVER SEE HIM .[/quote]As many times as you I''ll bet, if not more, which is why I stuck him in there.  I''ve looked him up, 29 goals in 161 appearances!  May have scored the ''odd'' cracking goal, but whatever you say he wasn''t popular with the crowd because he didn''t score enough, and he fancied himself as a Jack The Lad.  He was sold for far too much money, I forget how much, which was considered good business by all and sundry except you by the sound of it.[:D]

Slightly more than 20 years ago but I will line up with the following:

Jon Sheffield in goal - arguably the best mullet in a City shirt!

Defence starts off with Colin Woodthorpe at LB - maybe a bit harsh as he played a fair few games but just seem to remember he was always a bit naff. Andy Brownrigg comes next - Did he ever play though? He is paired at centreback with the mighty Adrian Pennock. I have heard rumours that Boris Johnson once went into the barbers and asked for ''the Pennock'' - the rest is history! My final defender is in to add a bit of flair although i cant remember if he was right or left sided - Victor Albascal Segura.

My first midfielder is David Smith. Not quite sure where he fits in across the middle as my memories of him seem to be him running away from where the ball was or when he did have the misfortune of receiving a pass, he would quickly distribute it - to the opposition. Next up is Paul Cook who was always a fixture for the reserves when I used to go watch them and he used to rip the opposition apart. This didnt happen when he played for the first team. Ged Brannon is my final midfielder. I remember being happy we signed him as I thought he had a cool name and could have easily been a cast member on Emmerdale.

My first striker is the Great Dane himself - Henrik Mortensen. Who remembers his unforgettable cameo in the Christmas video of 1989 where he passionately tells the viewers how much he misses his family at Christmas. Think he scored in the Zenith Data cup but thats pretty much it for Henrik. Drew Broughton is my next striker. He didnt do a great deal but there was much hype which quickly died down after a couple of games. My final player in the team which would striker fear into absolutely nobody is Neale Fenn. A loanee from Spurs who I believe did get a goal in a one of Walkers last games second time around.

I can really be bothered with Subs, but then after all who could possibly replace these chaps!

David MarshallJohn OtsemoborKevin ScottSteve WalshFernando DerveldLee CroftMatt FattisonCarl RobinsonMark FotheringhamRicky Van wolfswinkelChris Brownsubs:Goran Maric, Dickson Etuhu, Theo, Matt Jackson (Lots will probably disagree but the bloke was a pr*ck of the highest order), Zema Abbey

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]How do you want to share Neil Emblen and Matthew Rush?

If you have them both I''ll take Mathieu Louis-Jean.[/quote]I always think including Matthew Rush is harsh. he was signed with some furore from West Ham where by all accounts he''d been a good player. came off the bench for us and nearly scored from 45 yards before destroying his knee in training.he went to Oldham to try and revive his career and did ok including scoring a couple against us before doing the same knee again even worse...I think without that Injury he''d have been a good player for us.. same as Gaetano Giallanza who was badly hurt against Sheff utd.. He eneded up in spain scoring a winning goal against Real Madrid before being forced to retire.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Etuhu? Seriously?

Hucks rated him very highly. What a world, eh?[/quote]he was a good player. his attitude was bloody awful!

back to 89-90 or so seeing David Smith play regular despite Ruel Fox who keep on bench was shock:)

Henrik Mortensen was joke too from this period.

Gary Doherty was shocking too years ago :)

@shannock_bob – interesting post and it jogged some old memories. Thanks.

Perhaps a bit harsh on Neale Fenn though. I did see all of his appearances bar the one where City lost at Stoke and he wasn’t that bad. There were some interesting games in there, the two end of season 5-0’s and the shocker away at Oxford.

I understood that we did make an offer for Neale Fenn but Spurs wanted far too much and that was that. Next and last time I (think) I saw him play was in November 1998 at St Albans FC as Spurs reserves were playing City reserves and he was a sub in that match.

As regards Drewe Broughton I last saw him play for Rotherham in an FA Cup match at my local club Wealdstone around five years ago. He spent most of the time falling over and certainly looked as if his best years were behind him. He is now a fitness coach and I saw a while ago he had done some with the golfer Charley Hull,

theoklitosomozusimatthieu louis jeanmatthew bateslee croftbrellierfotheringhamelvis hammondjohan elmanderomar koromasibierskiand a management supergroup of hughton, roeder and hamilton