Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Should we sell Grabban?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The reaction of so many that day when the team was announced wasn''t just disrespectful to Grabban but also just as disrespectful to Alex Neil.[/quote]I think that''s the key, Nutty. Although I was surprised to see him start against Arsenal, I backed (and continue to back) Neil''s judgement. However, walking out on his team-mates hours before a match is also disrespectful to the club, so I can understand how that would shift him down the pecking order in a lot of ''fan''s favourite'' columns. Personally I don''t believe he''s good enough to play at this level and I''d be glad to see the back of him, but if Neil rates him, keeps him and picks him then of course I''ll support him.

If he pulls on a norwich shirt I''ll support him. But several things:

1) The walking out on the club was selfish, childish and was hugely disrespectful. Plus it''s part of a number of incidents from the guy

2) We must remember how much these guys earn (in comparison to what we earn) and thus are called professional footballers. Has Grabban been professional?

3) It''s AN''s job to pick and unite the players, not ours, hence it''s his decision whether he feels he''s done enough to earn a place in the team, and we go with whether we agree or not

And finally, fans pay to watch games. As paying fans, not earning players, they have their right to share or shout their opinions

I suppose the flip side to Grabban, instead of asking has he been disrespectful, is has he been loyal to this club?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I can''t help you Broady. Except to say that it''s always been thus. We all have our favourites and non-favourites though. The line for me is who the manager selects. If Alex Neil picks Grabban, as he did for Arsenal, then Grabban deserves to be picked. The reaction of so many that day when the team was announced wasn''t just disrespectful to Grabban but also just as disrespectful to Alex Neil.

[/quote]Respect is not a one way street Nutty and there was no respect whatsoever shown by Grabban towards anybody or anything connected to our club that day in Rotherham.I say sell,sell,sell.

At this moment in time...if reports of Laffs going to Leeds do come true...leaves us with only Cam, Big Dave and Lewis. So until such time another striker signs for City...those dozen championship clubs and unknown number of Prem. rivals can all whistle in the dark...much as The People  newspaper is doing i think.

Why not? With our style of play he didn''t actually set the Championship alight for us, and he is clearly short of Premiership quality.