Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Should we make a move for Dwight Gayle?

It''s interesting that the Dwight Gayle story refuses to go away, as there was recently another press report that Norwich remain interested in him. However, it seems that Palace are demanding £10m for him despite not really needing him. I''m wondering if we have made any sort of offer for him, and if they might be prepared to sell now that they have added Wickham to their squad.

I''ve said building up to this season that I don''t think we need to rely on one player to get all of our goals, but instead we should look towards goals from a variety of areas. Bradley Johnson was a key man last season and we will need the same again from him, and we all know the importance of Cameron Jerome. Gayle is a player that has scored goals in the Premier League so might be one to add into the mix.

Anyway, here is an article I did on him a little while ago for anyone that is interested: https://www.the-newshub.com/football/norwich-city-should-only-consider-dwight-gayle-deal-if-the-price-is-right

The inflated price might be a desire to avoid selling him to a perceived ''relegation rival''. I''d venture to suggest they would accept a lot less from a Championship club. I like the guy, think he has real quality, but £10m is absurd!

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Gayle is not the sort of forward we''ll be signing this summer.[/quote]Thank god for that, he''s not that good and certainly isn''t worth anywhere near 10 bloody million FFS!

No , as others have said not good enough and no improvement on what we already have , and at £10 million hes overpriced by around £6 million .

Will sign for us this weekend, don''t attack me for that, I have no information, BUT a point made by AN today is hopes to have a signing this weekend, Palace may be saying conclude after Saturday, and he might be getting no9.

[quote user="jaemae2"]He''s better than Grabban/Hooper/Lafferty.[/quote]At what?Being overrated?He''s failed miserably to make an impression at Palace since his move, has shown little to nothing to suggest he''s worth anything more than they paid for him (and they already overpaid to begin with), and he certainly has not shown that he''s better than either Hooper or Grabban, although I may give you Lafferty...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="jaemae2"]He''s better than Grabban/Hooper/Lafferty.[/quote]At what?Being overrated?He''s failed miserably to make an impression at Palace since his move, has shown little to nothing to suggest he''s worth anything more than they paid for him (and they already overpaid to begin with), and he certainly has not shown that he''s better than either Hooper or Grabban, although I may give you Lafferty...[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS BANG NAIL HEAD