Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread v Southampton

Lord Eddard Stark wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 4:51 PM:

Wow Van Wink I don''t even know where to start on that one! Talk about getting carried away!

Wow Eddie, hardly carried away, merely a realistic view of our defensive displays in the first four games, in a string of fixtures which were considered pre season to be very favourable.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Lord Eddard Stark wrote the following post at 30/08/2015 4:51 PM:

Wow Van Wink I don''t even know where to start on that one! Talk about getting carried away!

Wow Eddie, hardly carried away, merely a realistic view of our defensive displays in the first four games, in a string of fixtures which were considered pre season to be very favourable.[/quote]So VW, money where your mouth is (metaphorically) - after four games, your prediction is that we''re going to be relegated?

''Wow Eddie, hardly carried away, merely a realistic view of our defensive displays in the first four games, in a string of fixtures which were considered pre season to be very favourable.''

Hardly carried away? A realistic view? Let me remind you what your words were.

''anyone that thinks the existing squad is good enough to keep us up needs their head examining. ''

Seriously?

It wasn''t the defence that let us down against Palace and Stoke? It is widely agreed that Jerome''s goal should''ve stood and that only a string of top drawer saves from Butland denied us versus Stoke. How can any of that be held accountable to the defence?

We''re a newly promoted club playing in the prem, of course we''re going to concede sloppy goals! You must forget that nearly every goal can be held liable to defensive error?

Also, Southampton created f all against us up until after the sending off. They had a free kick and a couple of long shots nothing clear cut created through our supposed atrocious defending..

Yes, very carried away!

Not at all, the point I was making is if we don''t add some quality to the squad we will be relegated.

You may recall another thread where opinion was canvassed as to whether the squad as it stands is good enough to stay in the PL,many thought that it was, my view is different and I personally cant see how anyone could believe that the squad we have is good enough to stay up.

It certainly was poor defence that let us down against Palace Eddy, a very poor goal conceded against Sunderland who for my money are the worst team in the league, and three today.

Okay well that''s not really what you said. It''s weird because I haven''t recalled ANY pundit or EXPERT in the game comment on our absolute need to strengthen otherwise we are dead certs for relegation. Even after today''s game- Carragher said we hadn''t anything to worry about! You''d think if what you''re saying is true, someone at the top would have picked up on it but alas..

I''ve seen enough in the first few games to gain confidence in our survival and it seems a good number of fans, pundits and commentators alike agree.

Do they all need their heads examining?

Yes we conceded some sloppy goals against Palace but when you watch Match of the Day how many of the goals can you look at and blame the defence?

Surely the Grabban miss and refereeing howler is equally as bad. In fact I remember the pundits pointing both of these out in the analysis a lot more than any of our own poor defending.

There are far too many people here panicking. It really is just one match.

The red changed the game until which point we were competitive, albeit obviously not at our best. It happens. I''m sure we''ll see a reaction in the next game. Move on.