TheGunnShow had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

5,940 Excellent

About TheGunnShow

• Rank
    Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth, dwi dal yma!

Recent Profile Visitors

6,865 profile views
  1. Nothing wrong with that statue, it's tastefully done.
  2. If Forest take legal action I'd hope they get nailed. They pretty much brought the game into disrepute without providing a shred of evidence. It would set a dreadful precedent not just across football, but indeed sport in general if it were to go to court where clubs with even a justified grievance would kick off over any egregious refereeing error.
  3. What I want to know is "what in the Kentucky Fried F*cking hell was @The Great Mass Debater on to come with that as a dream?". I mean, when I was taking ZMP capsules as a supplement I'd have some seriously wacky and incoherent/inconsistent shizz flying around in my dreams, but this????
  4. Ipswich? Total losers. Lock them up! I love birds. I love big yellow birds. I have the best yellow birds. Vlad tells me what wonderful yellow birdies I have.
  5. Never been drunk in my life. Wouldn't be hard to get me drunk though as I pretty much am teetotal. But it might not be the best thing they could do as my mouth's a loose enough cannon when sober.
  6. Herodotus famously wrote that the Persians would discuss weighty matters twice, initially when soused and usually under the influence of wine, then sober the next day. If they still were in agreement after being sober, they'd go ahead. There's not much evidence to say this is really the case, but it's a jolly amusing story if nothing else.
  7. I'm sure Herodotus and the Persians would have some fun with this. 😉
  8. A historic day on German land where a split country was finally reunified on October 3rd, so understandable (as opposed to November 9th when the Berlin Wall fell down, as that coincided with quite a few events that were anything but glorious in German history, such as the defeat of the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 or indeed the start of Kristallnacht in 1938). As said, St George's Day and St. Andrew's Day are bewildering from my perspective as their patron saints didn't seem to have anything to do with the country in question. At least you can say the Day of German Unity is a pretty seminal (and indeed somewhat unique as reunification of a country is a rare event worldwide) date in German history.
  9. Yeah, using historic old battles is not a bad idea, and I'd say the summer and winter solstice should be worth considering as bank holidays too. I'd also make any election day a bank holiday too.
  10. Does it really have any meaning? We're talking about a "patron saint" who lived two thousand miles away whose name adorns another country entirely. Saint David was Welsh. Saint Andrew baffles me a bit, considering he's also managed to be the patron saint of Romania as well, and Saint Patrick was in Ireland for plenty of time and died there. So personally I understand two of them, but find Saints Andrew and George odd.
  11. How is it not fun? You've got a day scheduled for rest and recreation - how on earth can it not be fun?
  12. Then why not just scatter bank holidays relatively evenly throughout the year? Maybe we should change the colours on it? That should trigger a few of them into action. 😉
  13. Agree that all patron saints should be treated equally. Not sure why we celebrate any of the feckers, to be honest.
  14. Both the handball and offside rules are absolutely FUBAR as they currently stand and need to go back to earlier editions of said Laws, but I actually think VAR causes a different problem no-one seems to have mentioned yet, namely the proclivity to referee by freeze-frame instead of taking a holistic look at the incident again, especially when it comes to tackles and handballs. In plenty of the times where a handball is given in the box due to the arm moving towards the ball it's been due to running or bracing/standing still rather than any remotely deliberate attempt to play the ball with the hand or arm. And in some tackling cases (the obvious one with us was Giannoulis against Bournemouth with the red card on Pearson) any tackle that's landed slightly over the ball has been instantly given as a red card even if it's just mistimed or the opponent knocked the ball away. For me, that's way too strict an application of law as it's instantly considering malice on what are often just committed challenges, so they're letting the micro overrule the macro in the application of VAR.