Sign in to follow this  
when monday comes

Kris commons 250k?

would Celtic sell? i know its paper talk but seems a cheap. and b could be a decent signing for Bolton could be a useful addition to our squad link man that we need and a spark of creativity and scored goals were ever he has been or to old and not worth it?

Neil Lennon obviously prefers recruiting players closer to his own age. Emile Heskey and Eidur Gudjohnsen are both 36. I suppose the good thing for Commons if he''s signed is that he will feel like a youngster at 31. I''m really pleased we don''t have Lennon for a manager because all these youngsters on the forum  ( that are unhappy with Adams ) would pay to go to the game and then realize they could run faster than the players on the pitch.

Not really. Bolton are 100 million plus in debt and he is shopping in the bargain basement. Wouldnt have been the same here

I wonder if Gartside still wants a closed shop Premier League? ..Yea let''s abolish all the excitement of promotion/relegation just so Bolton and their 12''000 fans can spend money they don''t have without having to sweat..

I would take Commons though, he lacks Wes'' footballing brain, control and technique but he''s much more penetrative, scores and is more of a traditional central attacking midfielder (which we lack) than Hoolahan who is more of a deep lying link up player

Well his contract is up and they are not offering a contract he wants. They need him for the League as they are not exactly trailblazing...I would say for us its simply adding to our wage bill for someone we would not be sure about. He has played with Hooper before when under Lennon.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Neil Lennon obviously prefers recruiting players closer to his own age. Emile Heskey and Eidur Gudjohnsen are both 36. I suppose the good thing for Commons if he''s signed is that he will feel like a youngster at 31. I''m really pleased we don''t have Lennon for a manager because all these youngsters on the forum  ( that are unhappy with Adams ) would pay to go to the game and then realize they could run faster than the players on the pitch.

[/quote]Maybe he has to sign what Bolton can afford , and he will probably get more value out of those oldies than we will the millions of pounds sat rotting on the bench .

[quote user="Puppet Out"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]
Maybe he has to sign what Bolton can afford , and he will probably get more value out of those oldies than we will the millions of pounds sat rotting on the bench .
[/quote]

Then, perhaps you can explain why this manager that you would have loved at Norwich chose to go to an outfit like Bolton who can''t afford beans. When I was working for a living and advancing my career I was very selective in the moves I made. How do you handle things in that regard Puppet?

Good question Yankee. I''ve asked JF the same thing in the past. It certainly wasn''t just Norwich that didn''t take on Lennon. Could it be that, despite the other clubs who have appointed managers since the summer, this job at Bolton was the best he could get?

Fair to say that if he''s successful there he will probably get better opportunities, however its unfair to castigate Norwich for what appears to have been the majority view from the summer until Bolton appointed him.

You''re right Nutty. I wanted Lennon or Adam''s based purely off of my own instinct/opinion. But, if I was a board member and had more than the stake of my blushes to spare I wouldn''t have taken the gamble on Lennon. Only since Deila has come in and after he''s done okay at Bolton so far can you give him any kind of praise. Nobody would kick up a fuss if I said my cat could have won the SPL with Celtic.

It''s only now that Deila is making a pigs ear out of it and after he''s got Bolton going can you say with any substance that Lennon might have something about him. Celtic fans certainly wern''t sad to see him go.

I was pleased with Adams at the time because I thought he was a completely different type of manager than he''s turned out to be, so I admit I was wrong, but everyone claiming Lennon was the obvious choice with the immense superpower of hindsight are talking complete sh!t!