Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Fans / Match Day experience

Can someone please for the life of me explain WHY you would do the following.1) Buy a ticket for Carrow Road to watch Norwich City2) Put your headphones3) Spend the entire game staring at your I-Pad4) Don''t stand up to sing OTBC5) Don''t stand up to celebrate home goals6) Don''t even look remotely interested at the goals or the game for that matter7) Be wearing a Norwich Scarf and Shirt while doing 1-6.I just don''t get it? The chap sat near us today was doing all 7 and the most miserable sod I have ever met. Surely he could have just stayed at home infront of the radio / intrahwheb and saved himself a good £40.I just dont understand why you would go to a football match ( or any sporting event) and spend the entire time glued to your I-Pad.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I just dont understand why you would go to a football match ( or any sporting event) and spend the entire time glued to your I-Pad. [/quote]Because that''s what lots of sad cases do all day long not matter whatever else they are doing at the time

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I just dont understand why you would go to a football match ( or any sporting event) and spend the entire time glued to your I-Pad. [/quote]Because that''s what lots of sad cases do all day long not matter whatever else they are doing at the time[/quote]This is how some people spend their lives ,staring at a tablet ,and then complain when they get hit by a bus ,or go on holiday ,and moan about the WIFI  coverage ,even though they are in the middle of Africa .

You forgot one!

Wait till the final five minutes of a key league game and then decide to get up and leave without seeing how it ends, so you can ''avoid the crowds''

I really don''t get it. Why bother to go at all? Do these people buy a ticket for the cinema and get up and leave five minutes before the end?

Might I suggest that if ''avoiding the crowds'' are something of an issue for you, then you may not be ready to attend live football matches played before a crowd of almost 30,000 people??

I suggest in this case going to watch Ipsh!t - no need to worry about their of crowds and also no likelihood of being over excited either.

Sheesh! Rant over!

There is no atmosphere at Carrow Road these days and there hasn''t been for quite some time.

This will be the case until the game is somehow back where it belongs with the working class.

[quote user="Shyster"]There is no atmosphere at Carrow Road these days and there hasn''t been for quite some time.

This will be the case until the game is somehow back where it belongs with the working class.[/quote]Looks like there is a gap in the market for an atmosphere app, just give it the name of your team and it will give you 90 minutes of match day experience.

[quote user="Shyster"]There is no atmosphere at Carrow Road these days and there hasn''t been for quite some time.

This will be the case until the game is somehow back where it belongs with the working class.[/quote]

Thought the crowd were great yesterday, kept the team going when they were obviously down at the break.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Shyster"]There is no atmosphere at Carrow Road these days and there hasn''t been for quite some time.

This will be the case until the game is somehow back where it belongs with the working class.[/quote]Looks like there is a gap in the market for an atmosphere app, just give it the name of your team and it will give you 90 minutes of match day experience.

[/quote]That is a hilarious idea. Buttons to emulate everything from team songs down to cheering fans down to calling the ref a banker.Re: The people that leave 5 mins early, I love it when as they are leaving and stood in the isles an exciting bit of play starts so they stop dead and watch causing everyone sat down to start yelling."If your leaving leave d**khead" or "Sit down or **** off, make your mind up"

those that are leaving early to "beat the Traffic"... are the ones MAKING the traffic... for fast passage out of carrow road wait until the ground is completely empty then leave... no crowds, no traffic, road open.

if you leave 10 minutes early at every home game thats 230 minutes... 2 and a half  FULL matches that you''ve paid for that you are missing.

you dont get a season ticket any cheaper for missing 2 and a half games...

just a quick question to those that do leave early... do you do the same at the cinema or thatre? if not.. why not? 

Aye; there''s not the same congestion and delay caused by a few hundred people leaving a theatre or cinema as there is by c. 26k people departing a packed stadium.

Re: the notion of waiting until everyone has gone before embarking on the journey home...that''s not beating the traffic; that''s losing to the traffic. I guess the ultimate aim of leaving early is to get home earlier; not half an hour after everybody else.

I, too, find it frustrating when some barrage balloon blocks your view for a few moments on their way out but I''ve seen plenty of genuine reasons why people don''t wish to be delayed getting home more than they have to be; not everybody''s work and domestic circumstances are the same.

As for me; I prefer to stay to the very end. I want my money''s worth and a lot of the fun of football comes with knowing that anything could happen in those last five minutes. You won''t catch me buried in my tablet device while the match is ongoing either.

Yes, the actions of others can seem bewildering and it can be a bit of a PitA at times, but I think many of us fall into the trap of assuming everybody else''s circumstances mirror our own, which is clearly not the case.

How about when you book your season ticket the club asks you if you''re likely to want to leave the match early and if you say ''yes'' they put you at the end of the row near the isle, similarly if you have a weak bladder and need to pee you could sit on the end of the row.